CURVE SALON AND SILKENING PROCESS

Wolftrap

Has anyone been to Curve and had this done? What were your results if so and how often do you have to get this process done to your hair.

I have a friend that is natural and wanted to go there but this place is PRICEY
shocked.gif
They told her the process started at $175 depending on the length of your hair it can be more. She is interested in getting it done if this process is something that does not have to be put in your hair often like a relaxer.

Please let me know those that have been there. Thanks

ok I did a search adn found out what silkening is and some more info on Curve.

What I didn't find is somene that has actually been to the salon and had this process done. If anyone out there has done this please let me know.

Thanks

There is a member here with a beautiful album showing her silkened hair. She went to CURVE and even did their website. Ill try to find the thread with her post and get back to ya.

Isis1913 had a Silkener done at Curve. But I think she does them herself now. I may have her mixed up with Anikalia...

Hi there! Lunalight you are referring to me :-)

Sorry I have not been to this site in a while...

I had a silkener done 3 years ago and have been doing my own upkeep with kiddie perm kits and I leave it in about 3 minutes or less... I only apply to areas that are frizzy (say the middle back... not the front or underneath).

Yes a silkener is a texturizer and I personally suggest having it done professionally at the very least the first time!

I hope this helps :-)

[ QUOTE ]
isis1913 said:
Hi there! Lunalight you are referring to me :-)

Sorry I have not been to this site in a while...

I had a silkener done 3 years ago and have been doing my own upkeep with kiddie perm kits and I leave it in about 3 minutes or less... I only apply to areas that are frizzy (say the middle back... not the front or underneath).

Yes a silkener is a texturizer and I personally suggest having it done professionally at the very least the first time!

I hope this helps :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Isis, How long was your hair when you got it done at Curve Salon and how much did it cost. I'm ready to go
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LisaG said:
I'm ready to go
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'll fly up to Brooklyn if it's worth it.

Saw the site and the before/after photos were great - even for those persons who did not get a silkener done but had their hair done.

Does anyone know what the ingredients are in their products: the pudding and buttercreme?

Back