Curlycrly* curlycrly* Curlycrly

divine

All I can say is yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm : )

I got the protein shake, and its actually very good. When my mom gets back from her trip i'm going to order me a case. I'm also going to buy me liquid and power vitamins to add to the shake.

Thanks.

WOW!! Good! :D I'm glad you like it. Did she get the lite one with 20 gms of protein or the other one with 42 gms? I usually do the 42 gms, but on days when I eat more, I think I will only use a half packet.

Which flavor did you get? I think I'll try strawberry next time....maybe add some fresh or frozen strawberries to it. :)

The lite one b/c I don't want to over do my protein intake, and I go chocolate flavor. I don't like strawberry, so I will probably stick to chocolate unless you convince me to try it.

Edit: its the regular one on the site.

Last edited:
I purchased mine from the Vitamin Shoppe store, but it's also sold online. I don't see the lite one on their website though. It's more expensive than other shakes I've seen, but the other ones I've tried were nasty and I threw them away.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse...0GXK?SkuID=148243&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

vs-2072.gif

CurlyCrly said:
I purchased mine from the Vitamin Shoppe store, but it's also sold online. I don't see the lite one on their website though. It's more expensive than other shakes I've seen, but the other ones I've tried were nasty and I threw them away.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse...0GXK?SkuID=148243&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

vs-2072.gif

Looking at my box, and going to edit my post. I told you I don't read nothing, so that means I consume 200 proteins every three day. Is that good or bad ?

I thought you got the lite one? That has 20 gms of protein in it for one packet. So, if you are using it everyday and once per day, you are getting 20 gms.

Edited: Ok, I see you edited your post...so, you got the regular one. If you only want the 20 gms, just use half a packet. That's what the guy in the store told me. You are also getting 40 servings instead of 20 per box. :)

Last edited:
CurlyCrly said:
I thought you got the lite one? That has 20 gms of protein in it for one packet. So, if you are using it everyday and once per day, you are getting 20 gms.

Not 200 from the protein shakes, but 200 proteins from my other foods. I eat a lot of food high in protein, so i'm wondering if I need to cut back on some of my food.

divine said:
Not 200 from the protein shakes, but 200 proteins from my other foods. I eat a lot of food high in protein, so i'm wondering if I need to cut back on some of my food.

Yes, you can do that. The shake has a lot of other vitamins/minerals in it too, so it's a meal replacement as well as a protein shake. I usually have the shake on days when I feel that I am not eating enough protein, and food in general.

Edited: The shake has 290 calories, so if you don't cut back on something else, you might gain weight.

CurlyCrly said:
Yes, you can do that. The shake has a lot of other vitamins/minerals in it too, so it's a meal replacement as well as a protein shake. I usually have the shake on days when I feel that I am not eating enough protein, and food in general.

I got a diet program that I can input my daily food or beverage information to make sure I get all my DRI for every vitamin, fat, or etc. This programs also adjustes my diet for me, so i'm going to do that now.

CurlyCrly said:

Edited: The shake has 290 calories, so if you don't cut back on something else, you might gain weight.

I'm trying to lose weight, and I just got the firm workout kit. I don't want to gain anymore weight.

divine said:
I got a diet program that I can input my daily food or beverage information to make sure I get all my DRI for every vitamin, fat, or etc. This programs also adjustes my diet for me, so i'm going to do that now.

Is the program online? I'm interested in that too.

Divine,

***Attempting NOT to highjack this thread....***

How much protein are you getting a day? 20 grams of protein from a shake is fine, but I see you said you eat a lot of food high in protein. I saw 200 grams of protein in this thread but didn't see you include that much as part of what you consume daily.

Whatever your amount is, be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your kidneys flushed (we don't like kidney stones (among other things) :nono: ). Something else you may consider, if you have a diet high in protein also, if you don't already, is to utilize a digestive enzyme to help with the digestion of the protein.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program....

Buying protein in the canisters is always cheaper than in the packets... I separate my servings into ziplock baggies, throw in the gym bag, lunch bag, purse, glove box....I'm a bit obsessive about my food sometimes. :look: I use the BodyTech Whey Protein, Strawberry. :love:

***tip toeing back out of thread***

LaNecia said:
Divine,

***Attempting NOT to highjack this thread....***

How much protein are you getting a day? 20 grams of protein from a shake is fine, but I see you said you eat a lot of food high in protein. I saw 200 grams of protein in this thread but didn't see you include that much as part of what you consume daily.

Whatever your amount is, be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your kidneys flushed (we don't like kidney stones (among other things) :nono: ). Something else you may consider, if you have a diet high in protein also, if you don't already, is to utilize a digestive enzyme to help with the digestion of the protein.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program....

Buying protein in the canisters is always cheaper than in the packets... I separate my servings into ziplock baggies, throw in the gym bag, lunch bag, purse, glove box....I'm a bit obsessive about my food sometimes. :look: I use the BodyTech Whey Protein, Strawberry. :love:

***tip toeing back out of thread***

I didn't know I was consuming that much protein until yesterday when I hand to finish my projects for my nutrition class. I get 66g a day, but I also found of last night I’m deficient in Vitamin E, K, and a few more things. That scared me yesterday after I finished my report. I thought I was doing well all this time, but turned out I wasn't.

Last edited:
Yeah, the canisters are cheaper, but I did not see any BodyTech canisters that had as much vitamin/minerals and everything as the packets. I take a multi-vitamin, but not always. Really trying to get away from pills. lol
I may give the canister of the same flavor and brand a try next time.

Which digestive enzyme do you recommend? I read about those a little while ago and did not like what I read. It said that your body can actually start digesting itself in some cases, so I stayed away from that. I am not on a high protein diet though. I may do one to jumpstart a new eating/weightloss plan.

divine said:
The program came with my book for my nutrition class, but i'll search for a program like that online.

Ok. Thank you. I don't know if I have the patience to do that every day, so don't go through too much effort. If you run across it, let me know.

Not to dispute anything that you're learning or have found from your report....just bear in mind that those are generally based studies conducted and are AVERAGES and as such, should be used as a GUIDELINE and not a STRICT RULES TO LIVE type of thing. And....depending on the participants in the studies....may not be all that accurate for your ethnic background.

They don't take into account your individual metabolism, exercise level (and type), among other factors.

All that being said...I'm glad you found a protein you like! :yep:

CurlyCrly said:
Ok. Thank you. I don't know if I have the patience to do that every day, so don't go through too much effort. If you run across it, let me know.

Only part that too long was inputing my health information, my workout programs, and the food. I like the program though because I can look up anything.

LaNecia said:
Not to dispute anything that you're learning or have found from your report....just bear in mind that those are generally based studies conducted and are AVERAGES and as such, should be used as a GUIDELINE and not a STRICT RULES TO LIVE type of thing. And....depending on the participants in the studies....may not be all that accurate for your ethnic background.

They don't take into account your individual metabolism, exercise level (and type), among other factors.

All that being said...I'm glad you found a protein you like! :yep:

Your right, but l like the program I used for my project. I will continue to use it to help me stay on track.

CurlyCrly said:
Yeah, the canisters are cheaper, but I did not see any BodyTech canisters that had as much vitamin/minerals and everything as the packets. I take a multi-vitamin, but not always. Really trying to get away from pills. lol
I may give the canister of the same flavor and brand a try next time.

Which digestive enzyme do you recommend? I read about those a little while ago and did not like what I read. It said that your body can actually start digesting itself in some cases, so I stayed away from that. I am not on a high protein diet though. I may do one to jumpstart a new eating/weightloss plan.

Yeah, I after I posted I looked and saw that BodyTech doesn't have the canisters for that brand... too bad. I understand about the vitamin and minerals in the protein shakes, it is a bit harder to find, and when you do...it's a slam in the wallet!

The Canister one IS most likely going to taste differently, the Tech X has 24 grams of carbs, the Canister, whey protein has something like 2 grams. It makes a HUGE difference sometimes! I found the better tasting ones have more carbs..., since I'm carb sensitive, I have to just grin and bear it.

Recommendation on Digestive Enzymes? Hmmmm, I can't really say, I use the vitamin shop brand but only take it sometimes, I get tired of popping two of those every time I put food in my face, which is quite often. :(

divine said:
Your right, but l like the program I used for my project. I will continue to use it to help me stay on track.

ITA with your choice! You know, it's not a matter so much WHAT you use most of the time as long as you find something that works for you! You have and that's great!

Good luck!

Back