Curly Hair Etiquette Do's and don'ts

Haha..:grin: I like their channel! But its so true about HOW to touch curly hair...if I LET you touch it...please do not RAKE!!!:nono:

Thanks for the tag Lucia.

I agree SmilingElephant. I don't understand why when people see my curly hair, they get this sudden urge to touch it by raking through it with their fingers. I sooooooooooo hate that.

I mean just because it looks cute, doesn't mean it likes being touched that way - seriously, my hair does NOT like that kind of groping at all:lol:.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

This is what I commented:

"1.) I have had a friend rake her hand in my freshly washed hair. She got the LOOK OF DEATH. I didn't even mean to, it was a reflex. She jumped back and apologized so quick. LOL. Next time don't be raking yo hand through my hair *****. I don't know where your hand was!!!
2) Caucasian employer nearly jumped out of her skin when I arrived at work with my fro instead of braids."

LOL @ "rosemary rinses n' sh!t"

cute! When I first got my hair cut, I was trying out different products to wear it out. One day, I used something that totally made my hair look huge with no definition. It was a different look - not my favorite but I ran with it. One of my coworkers saw me and asked what the hell I did with my hair, asked if I got a "perm", and made all kind of "sistagirl" comments and actions. Ignorance. I might send him this yt vid.

Cosigning on working hard on your hair, washing, detangling, twisting and then taking it down only to go downstairs and have someone (my mother) ask me if I'm going to do my hair...really?...really. T_T

When I wore my twist out to work the first time, one of the ladies (caucasian) in my office did the proper touch and followed it with "wow...it's so SOFT!!!! how did you do that??" Like really? SMH

These girls are a riot. I have been subbed to them for a while. I absolutely love their videos. The do address real issues, but with humor and that makes it even better!

Back