Curly Girls: Fantasia IC Gel and Ion Curl Defining Creme

so1913

Just wanted to suggest for those Curly girls looking for an affordable and convienent styling product option the combination of Fantasia IC Gel and Ion Curl Defining Shaping Creme. Both of these are inexpensive and available at Sally. I thought that the ICDSC would be heavy and oily, but it is far from it. It pours out thick, but actually feels like water itself when you apply it to the hair. It does work alone if you want a lighter hold, but I had awesome results using the gel over it (about half the amount I would use alone) and diffusing dry. The results were silky soft curls with great definition, even at the crown and no frizz, AND volume/lift at the crown (I sometimes have trouble with that area looking flat). Here's a picture from this past weekend:

julyhair-vi.jpg

I know it's not the best picture to show results, but you can see for the most part how my hair styled. Anyways, just wanted to put it out there for anyone wanting to try it.

Last edited:
So1913, that style is DISGUSTINGLY beautiful on you! :yep:

I am going to try this in the next week or for the weekend. Not sure which.

I just want a little intermission from using the girlfriends. :spinning:

Not sure if or how my hair type will handle it, but I am at least going to try it.

If it works I will post pics if it doesn't you won't hear a peep from me.

Thanks ladies. It also allowed me to go 3 days wearing my hair out without re-doing, so that's an added plus!

Yall have to stop telling me about all of these great products. I can't stop myself, just got back from sally's with the ICDC. and some curly pudding substitute ingredients. I got this AFTER my trip to Dollar Tree! I can't keep this up, my bathroom cabinets look like a mini-bss!

so1913 so I bought the ION curl defining cream today their were two I bought the one that was for thick/coarse hair they had another one that I think just said defining shaping cream. I was wondering how you apply your products. Do you use a brush or a comb etc.... thanks.

all of my styling products I work in using my fingers. I only use combs during the detangling process with conditioner in my hair. I use my fingers in the same way I would a comb and "rake" the product through my hair.

I have had the hardest time trying to find something that blends well with fantasia IC gel. Everytime I mix it with something else in my hair I get these lil white glue balls. If this mixes well and cuts some of the crunch from the IC gel then Im all in!

I have had the hardest time trying to find something that blends well with fantasia IC gel. Everytime I mix it with something else in my hair I get these lil white glue balls. If this mixes well and cuts some of the crunch from the IC gel then Im all in!

I know what you mean! It mixes fines, not clumping or weird reaction that I get with I mix it with some other products/conditioners.

Back