Curly Concoctions

Egyptjones

Lately, I have been experimenting with recipes for my wash n gos. I have weird hair...it is not really curly, more wavy..have no clue what my hair type is. Anyway, I was bored a few weeks ago and decided to make several different concoctions on my hair in sections and see which one faired the best after being left in overnight. Out of all of the shea butter mixes and ecostyler recipes I mixed up (there were 7 in al) the one that gave me the best results from application to curl definition to dry time to maintaining my waves overnight was : Proclaim Curl & Wave Activator Gel and Ecostyler Gel Olive Oil formula

Both can be found at Sally Beauty Supply:
Proclaim Curl & Wave Activator Gel is like $4.00 for 32 oz and the Ecostyler is about $4.79 for 32oz

I mix one part Proclaim to 1.5 parts Ecostyler and it works FANTASTIC! I am able to get 4 day hair. Works just as well as Mixed Chicks (maybe even a little better) and better than Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding because it never makes my hair dry, crunchy or greasy feeling.

I have been using this for 3 weeks with fantastic results so maybe Miss Jesssie's won't see me this year for their bogo sale.

I'm ESPECIALLY loving this because I don't have to mix 50-11 products together in order to get something that works with my hair.

Has anyone else finally found their "master mix"?

I hardly ever post let alone start threads but I felt this was major enough to share :grin:

Do you have any pics, OP? I'm a little picture deprived lately...Oh, btw, Congrats on finding your magic concoction...I'm still working on mine!

I get good results if I mix (quarter cup) a conditioner (any cheapie I'm digging at the time), add a squirt of jojoba and hemp seed oil, then mix in some Olive Oil Eco Styler until creamy. Usually about half a cup. I get great hair days from this, but had to stop using the concoction because my hair gets really dry from the WP in Eco. But, if you like Eco, it should be :lick:.

Back