curly and wavy hair-

latisha

hello all...i have been growing out my perm..i didnt need one to begin with..(hard headed i guess)anyway i have curly and wavy. but i love to wear it straight sometimes. what do u suggest..in the summer i really dont like to mess with the dryer to much and i am trying to grow it to about the middle of my back and grow all the layers out to almost even? i am starting to take supplements any ideas...email me at [email protected]

Welcome to the board. First and foremost no one "needs" a relaxer, don't believe the "hype"!
smile.gif
Secondly are you growing the relaxer out? Thirdly if you want to occasionally wear it straight I would suggest roller setting it on very large rollers, sitting under the dryer and then wrapping your hair. Your hair will be straight with a lot of body.

Hope that helps.
smile.gif

Be careful with flat ironing and pressing-as they could damage your actual naps. I would say go for the roller set from time to time.

[ QUOTE ]
Netta1 said:
Be careful with flat ironing and pressing-as they could damage your actual naps. I would say go for the roller set from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Be careful of the heat! If you can, do a conditioning wash and go and use silk scarves, ponytails, phonytails, buns or any other type of protective styles until your hair grows out!!

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
First and foremost no one "needs" a relaxer, don't believe the "hype"!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. The rollerset sounds like the best option for you.

Back