Curly Afro Weaves

I had the longer one and it got tangled a lot even when I put it into two braids before bed. I plan to make it into a u-part wig to wear this summer because I am convinced that the tangles are because I roll around a lot at night.

I used to put mine in a high ponytail and then a silk scarf/bonnet over it or if its very short just a headband with a bonnet over it had no problems. Once or twice a week run my hands through it track by track to prevent tangles otherwise leave it alone if not it goes fuzzy really soon.

Not on the extensions no, it seemed to mess with the hair. Just treat it like a wash n go without any touch ups in between and if you absolutely have to spritz some water lightly.

I had some (halley's curls) and it looked like a straight up rats nest. I couldnt get it to NOT tangle. I took it out and detangled with the tangle teaser and it looked good as new. Like yardyspice I am going to make it into a wig. maybe eve dye it.

I currently sleep with mine in one big twist in a bun. When I wake up I spray it with water&con mix and use a tangle teezer. It still looks great. :)

ETA: I put a satin bonnet over the bun for sleeping.

I started out by making mine into a wig and wore one for 4 weeks the other for 6 weeks. I used the Batik hair (found it for $2.99 a pack). I watched the pretty dark skinned lady with locs on YouTube (I believe she is listed as BarbadianBeauty) and taught myself to make a wig. I loved it and got zillions of compliments. There was some tangling but usually just in the back on the part that rubbed against my clothing. I used my fingers to detangle or cut the tangles out. Absolutely Loved It. I would post pictures but my personal computer is in intensive care so I don't have access to my photos.

Back