Curls do not come in a jar.....

I'm surprised that this is touchy on a board where people are so knowledgeable about hair. There's nothing wrong with TDS writing about it coz I'm sure they've had their fair share of people showing up with 4z hair asking for the magic curly puddin' or curling custard to turn their hair into 3b curls. It's not gonna happen. I know some people can go from a big and bushy to wet look ringlets but they already know this coz they've seen their hair get wet in the shower, etc. So the stuff in the jar doesn't make the curls, it just holds them in place.

Exactly:yep:

I use gels and curl creams...but that is only to hold my curls IN PLACE...gels and curl creams do not CREATE curls.

I used to have an issue with ppl telling me i wasn't really natural bc i'm trying to create something thats not there. The thing is....it IS there...i'm just holding it in place.

When soaked with water my hair looks like i put gel in it to hold the curls....only there is no gel..therefore, i KNOW i have curls. However, if i let it dry...it turns into cotton candy fluff:lick: So the gel just holds everything in place.

And...i don't see why nobody says anything about how ppl of other ethnicities use gel to hold their curls.:look: Does anybody walk up to a Spanish or a White woman and tell her she's trying to create something that's not there bc she uses a product to define her waves or curls?

Exactly:yep:

I use gels and curl creams...but that is only to hold my curls IN PLACE...gels and curl creams do not CREATE curls.

I used to have an issue with ppl telling me i wasn't really natural bc i'm trying to create something thats not there. The thing is....it IS there...i'm just holding it in place.

When soaked with water my hair looks like i put gel in it to hold the curls....only there is no gel..therefore, i KNOW i have curls. However, if i let it dry...it turns into cotton candy fluff:lick: So the gel just holds everything in place.

And...i don't see why nobody says anything about how ppl of other ethnicities use gel to hold their curls.:look: Does anybody walk up to a Spanish or a White woman and tell her she's trying to create something that's not there bc she uses a product to define her waves or curls?

SmilingElephant SLOW CLAPS :lachen::lachen::lachen:

You said it all :yep:

I think its black peoples misunderstanding of what curly hair actually looks like without product.... white women spanish etc do not just wash their hair and leave it and then voila perfectly formed glossy ringlets

the youtuber you introduced me to waterlilly is perfect example of this she does exactly the same routine EVERY curly girl has done to their hair and i HIGHLY doubt she has EVER been accused of TRYING to create something that wasnt there :look:

Last edited:
SmilingElephant SLOW CLAPS :lachen::lachen::lachen:

You said it all :yep:

I think its black peoples misunderstanding of what curly hair actually looks like without product.... white women spanish etc do not just wash there hair and leave it and then voila perfectly formed glossy ringlets

the youtuber you introduced me to waterlilly is perfect example of this she does exactly the same routine EVERY curly girl has done to there hair and i HIGHLY doubt she has every been accused of TRYING to create something that wasnt there :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: @ "Slow Claps"!!! :lol:

Yeah...a lot of ppl think u just step out the shower and go if you have curls...thats not true. You have to have something to hold them in place if you want them to show.

I love Waterlily716 bc i learned a lot of my haircare regimen from her.:yep: And she's white!:lol: AND she has i think 3a or 3b curls! So that just goes to show that even those with looser curls patterns use something to hold their curls.

And yes...4c naturals can define their coils. All the gel is gonna do is enhance what you already have...it just freezes it all in place, basically.

Now I didn't really want to go here but the people at this salon are so worried about folks embracing their texture and to quit harping on curl definition but all the while they using fake hair to achieve the styles that they promote the most. If you are telling me to embrace my curl definition then you need to embrace your length and work with what you have instead of adding extensions. It bothers me when folks are hypocritical and have the nerve to be so vocal about it....sorry this is my opinion.

Back