Curlisto 5th Ave-Biosoftening

caligirl

Has anyone heard of biosoftening? Its done at Curlisto's 5th Ave in New York. It sounds like a texturizer. Here is what it says on the site (www.curlisto.com):

Q: What’s Bio Softening and can I use it on my colored hair?
A: Bio Softening is a unique treatment with the blend of botanical extracts, conditioners, amino acids and proteins added. It makes thick, unmanageable and frizzy hair perform better. The results are softer and looser curls, your beautiful locks will have a lot of shine and bounce without bulkiness. You can use Bio Softening on colored hair because the formula is custom mixed according to your natural or chemical processed texture.

girl, i was just about to post this same question! i was interested too. i've been reading about it on nc.com. i wonder how a thio based product would work on my hair. i know thio was used in the jherri curl, but i think they have improved it. i know it's not as harsh as lye. and i don't want to lose my curls, just reshape them. i want curl definition.

VinDieselsWifey said:
girl, i was just about to post this same question! i was interested too. i've been reading about it on nc.com. i wonder how a thio based product would work on my hair. i know thio was used in the jherri curl, but i think they have improved it. i know it's not as harsh as lye. and i don't want to lose my curls, just reshape them. i want curl definition.

Is it thio based? I thought it was lye.

If it is a thio based program make sure it is what you want, because you can't mix a texturizer or relaxer over it. Also, I hear it's very expensive, like Miss Jessie's salon.

I read on NC about this. You get touch ups every 3/4 months. Sounds interesting, but the expense scares me away.:D

Back