Curling creams

SweetlyCurly

Lately I've been contemplating using curling creams instead of gels. Gels take longer to dry. My main styling choice are wash n gos so I'm trying to find a way for my hair to dry quicker in this cold.

Are there any that you like? How well does it control frizz? Do your wash n gos last with them?

Right now my Favorite combo is a Novex 15 Brazilian actives sealed with shea butter. i get the chunky curl definition I like and it dries quicker than using gel.

15qc2op.jpg
(my hair is drying here:look: but this is what I mean by chunky)

I dont look for products with curling "creme", curling "custard" etc. i find that most of the time they contain aloevera gel or some other type ingredient that makes it act like a gel. That is why I like to use thick conditioners as my leave in. sealing with the shea butter ads great shine and makes the hair feel soft for days.

So far I am experimenting how to keep the style for more than a day I got 4 days by using the method from MHM but that was only one time. right now I am experimenting with flat twists.

I've been replacing gel with Bel Nouvo's Coco Castor Pudding for a while now.

I bun 99% of the time, so I'm not sure how well it'll do with a wash and go, but it gives my hair the hold of a gel without any hardness, while adding shine and moisture. I have broken hair due to color damage and the pudding keeps those suckers in place and frizz at bay.

I love Donna Marie Dream Curl Cream. It has a medium hold and controls frizz really well. I pair it with the Buttercreme underneath because my hair tends to be dry.

I use the Organix Kukui Nut Oil Curling Creme. It's alright, doesn't leave too much white residue like the Marc Anthony Curl Cream.

I recently purchase QP Elasta Curling Mustard and while it gave me shine and definition, my scalp started itching after the first week of use. I'm glad I did not pay a lot for it because it went into the trash.

Last edited:
I've noticed that some on the Jane Carter products are cheaper on amazon.
I read that some amazon vendors dilute products and sell them for less so b careful
@gennatay

And to add to what @biznesswmn said, they may not be authorized re-salers. I know in a thread someone asked Qhemet Biologics about a product they saw on Amazon and Qhemet said they didn't know who they were and were not authorized sellers.

Back