Curlformers on transitioning hair - with pic!

tricie

Hi, ladies,

Just wanted to share a pics with you. I am transitioning without a BC, and had my last relaxer in April 2009. I just took out micro braids this past weekend (yay, what a fun New Year's Eve I had...NOT) ::spinning:. I have about 4 inches of unstretched ng and let me tell ya, it's huge! :drunk:

I decided to do a bantu knot twistout since I don't want to use heat if I can. I put in waaay too many and my hair was curled too tight for me. I decided to wash it and start over and used my Curlformers. I've used them many times before on my relaxed hair with a few weeks of ng, and wasn't sure if they would be able to tame these knaps :grin:, but they did. :grin:

I'm going to get my braids in again because my hair does well with them, I can see the growth, and I'm in the braid challenge. :yep:

HHG!

0105001706[1].jpg

Yes, that is a giant 1990's sized Onkyo speaker in the background, and yes, it still puts out some good sound! :lachen:

I like my curlformers but I can't get the curls to last more than a day. And they are a lot of work for A DAY.

I like it its so curly and they look like they may hold a day or two. Which is something that I have not been able to master with mine.

I love your curls, I should revisit the curlformers, for some reason I couldn't even get those suckers to stay in my hair!

beautiful results! how many rollers did you end up using? your set looks better than my sets look & i use around 45 rollers for my whole head.

curlformers are GREAT for stretching out the new growth! i couldn't transition without them :yep:

Thanks so much, ladies! :kiss:

may i ask which size curlformers did you use?

QBOE, I used the Long & Wide; they are the pink and orange ones.

beautiful results! how many rollers did you end up using? your set looks better than my sets look & i use around 45 rollers for my whole head.

curlformers are GREAT for stretching out the new growth! i couldn't transition without them :yep:

poookie, I used about 40 at least, but probably more! I start at the bottom, do a row, and start again.

cute but curlformers intimidate me for some reason

cmbodley, don't be scurred; go for it! :yep:

I hope they last a few days; next time, I may use a little Lottabody to give a little stiffness so they last longer.

Last edited:
Back