Curlaway is Gone from My Regimen

MissMeWithThatIsh

Hey,

I was public about using Curlaway, and now I'll be public about stopping it.
After using it for about 2 months, the results are too minimal to continue spending $20 a jar... or up to $60 a month. I also, as other members have stated previously, began to experience dryness. As a hair gel it provided extra definition, but as a relaxing product, I think it needs a little more work. And it required a lot of rinsing to get the product out.

I'm currently looking for ways to deal with my 4a texture, that do not include straightening, but give natural texturizing. So far I've seen and read that MSM powder and henna treatments will loosen texture naturally over time. I don't need to straighten my hair, as I work out everyday, but these two options appear to strengthen your hair (which will assist in growing and retaining length, my first desire)... as well as texturize (even if temporarily!). I usually wash my hair 3 or more times per week, and bun it...

But yea, that was my Curlaway experience!

Thanks for the review, i sure wanted to try it:ohwell:

Anyway----have you tried silica or the coconut & lime thing?

I did try the coconut and lime treatments for a little while. My hair was very soft. I am considering the whole milk treatment as well. As I want hair health, I'm not really looking to straighten my hair with anything that wouldn't last until my next wash, as I workout and wash my hair often.

I haven't read about SILICA doing anything particularly nice for texture, but I'm willing to be informed!

My sister is a 3c texture and tried it once and 4 weeks later is still suffering from flat ironing after using the product. It dried her hair and she started to get breakage. :perplexed so..yea I'll co-sign by proxy

Back