Curl Type Question are there comparison that can make it easier?

LadyRaider

I thought the difference in the 3s and 4s is a size of the curls?

So if you can take a pencil and fit it easily inside the spring vs. hair that has a curl tighter than that... perhaps you can fit a coffee stirrer...can that be an indicator of type of curl?

Or not?

Just wondering if this typing thing can be easier.

3c - pencil
4a . coffee stirrer

???

I think types are more like a spectrum such as that of light so that there's no definite border between the types. We had a discussion on the size of curls in the 4-something group and mine are way smaller than a coffee stirrer and IIRC someone had curls even smaller than that.

But when all is said and done, exactly what purpose does knowing your exact type serve? Not much unless you are trying to understand why your WNG doesn't look like the next person.

I think it serves zero purpose. Heh. That it seems to be mysterious where people here can magically identify the type yet it can't be written up as a simple criteria frustrates me. Lol.

I was actually thinking about your hair after I wrote the post. I was coming up with toothpick sized curls for you. :)

I think types are more like a spectrum such as that of light so that there's no definite border between the types. We had a discussion on the size of curls in the 4-something group and mine are way smaller than a coffee stirrer and IIRC someone had curls even smaller than that.

But when all is said and done, exactly what purpose does knowing your exact type serve? Not much unless you are trying to understand why your WNG doesn't look like the next person.

I think it serves zero purpose. Heh. That it seems to be mysterious where people here can magically identify the type yet it can't be written up as a simple criteria frustrates me. Lol.

I was actually thinking about your hair after I wrote the post. I was coming up with toothpick sized curls for you. :)

:rofl: @ the bold. I tried to take a photo of some coils against a ruler and they were about an 1/8 of an inch in diameter:
TrueSizeofMy4BCoils-vi.jpg

I think the way the hair behaves and size of coil helps determine the type. 4A clumps easily while 4B doesn't. Type 3 has really large curls that cannot be mistaken for 4. *shrug*

Back