Curl Enhancers!

conskeeted

Hello All!!

Since the big chop on Saturday, the hairdresser determined that I have textures from 3A to 4B (sheesh). So I'm investigating the best curl enhancers out there. She used Kinky Curly Custard in my hair but does that only work best with Knot Today Leave-in? Also, which one might leave the least "producty" feeling in your hair - I know... I'm asking for a lot but I don't want a whole lot of residue on my (or my hunny's) hands.

Suggestions are welcomed!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Congrats on your BC! There are soooo many things you can use out there so really, you just gotta try things out for yourself. I don't know anything about Kinky-curly products...i want to try them one day though. But for hair that dries faster and feels lighter I use Abba nourishing leave-in. I use gel as a styler sometimes when I wear my hair out and want definition, I like aubrey's mandarin magic. This helps the curls define and pop out a little more.

Also not rinsing all the conditioner out when you co-wash helps with curl definition as well. The way you apply the products makes an impact too. For me, squeezing out the excess water then raking the product through my hair from root to tip maximizes the curls.

Try to do some searches here and see what else comes up as far as products & techniques.

Congrats on your BC!

From my experience, if you intend to keep your hair well moisturized, anything you use will leave some residue. The butters/oils/cremes can leave your hair oily to the touch (almost like having a carefree curl :yep:). And castor oil/glycerin can be slightly sticky (also, depending on how much you use) until your hair dries. Gels can leave your hair hard, so a mixture of these things is what you'd want.

You'll need to experiment to see what will help your hair to retain the most moisture and keep it that way all day. Yet... without leaving residue to the touch.

LadyKayPNYC, and a few other members have done YouTube reviews on Curly Custard and if I remember correctly, they all said that the leave in was not necessary.

Hello All!!

Since the big chop on Saturday, the hairdresser determined that I have textures from 3A to 4B (sheesh). So I'm investigating the best curl enhancers out there. She used Kinky Curly Custard in my hair but does that only work best with Knot Today Leave-in? Also, which one might leave the least "producty" feeling in your hair - I know... I'm asking for a lot but I don't want a whole lot of residue on my (or my hunny's) hands.

Suggestions are welcomed!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Thank you both for your responses!

I'm watching a few videos now and going ballistic with the searches right now :)

Congrats on your BC! There are soooo many things you can use out there so really, you just gotta try things out for yourself. I don't know anything about Kinky-curly products...i want to try them one day though. But for hair that dries faster and feels lighter I use Abba nourishing leave-in. I use gel as a styler sometimes when I wear my hair out and want definition, I like aubrey's mandarin magic. This helps the curls define and pop out a little more.

Also not rinsing all the conditioner out when you co-wash helps with curl definition as well. The way you apply the products makes an impact too. For me, squeezing out the excess water then raking the product through my hair from root to tip maximizes the curls.

Try to do some searches here and see what else comes up as far as products & techniques.

I've been doing this exactly and love it! I went to Whole Foods looking aubrey's mandarn magic, ut at the time I could only remember the mandarin part of the name. :ohwell: So I got Fantiasia IC instead.

I've been using Jessicurl but the amount that I have to put in to make it worth it leaves my hair kind of dull looking. I love the moisturizing effect but I don't like the gray look afterward.

Back