Curl Away Curl Relaxer

I thought this was interesting:

"Q: Do the straightening effects of Curl-Away wash out after several shampoos?

A: The straightening and anti-frizz effects of Curl-Away will gradually lessen over several weeks, requiring re-application. More frequent re-treatments will be necessary in humid seasons than in winter. Curl-Away relaxes curl for between 2 to 8 weeks, depending on your hair type, length of each treatment and the number of treatments your hair has received. The more you use Curl-Away, the straighter your hair becomes over time.

Curl-Away has a cumulative effect. Once treated, hair will retain some of its straightness through the next application. You will want to adjust the application time or frequency of use to get the straightness or curl you like best."

So for me it would not work...it sounds like the process could eventually irreversably straighten my hair...semi-permanantly or permanantlly break the bonds...I dont want that...

It almost reminds me of that "Copa" stuff that Debbie Allen was selling awhile back.

Stay far away from this stuff. I'm looking at the pictures and that is the same stuff that used to be Curlex. It's even being sold by the same company - Xanna. Dang!! Same pictures too. I called them a while back and the straightening is acidic so if you have an alkaline relaxer, you're going to be doing something like Rio and Copa did to already relaxed hair. You can get the same effects by using lime juice and coconut milk.

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
I called them a while back and the straightening is acidic so if you have an alkaline relaxer, you're going to be doing something like Rio and Copa did to already relaxed hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! That's some scary stuff
shocked.gif

I know whats in it, its that thioglycides stuff. That is the active ingredient in products like Nair. I would not put that in my hair.

Back