Curious: If it's blunt before it grows out

It~Can~Grow

why when your hair grows out do your ends looks so raggied?

I always wanted to know this...if I have a blunt cut now, fairly smooth ends, why oh why when your hair grows out do your ends look so jacked? :perplexed

Last edited:
Even though your hair starts out blunt, some parts of your hair grow faster than others and eventually your hair becomes uneven (but it still appears to be getting longer). It could also be breakage, but in that case, the ends would be raggedy and parked more or less in the same spot.

Thanks, SLotus.

For instance, you see my ends in my siggy...though nothing great but they still seem ok.

Fast forward 3 months later to today, I'm looking at some of my ends and can tell they're at varied levels of length. I'm ok with that, as you said, hair grows at different paces, buttttt when I look at 1/4 " from the end - in - it looks like somebody shook me silly.

It just looks like I blew them dry and took a comb and teased them...tried to smooth them out and now this is the result.

I'm leaning towards me bunning and tucking my ends when I used to smooth via a wrap. :ohwell:

Hump* just wondered :perplexed

because the actual length of the section of hair is different even though your hair blunt. Ten inches from your nape would reach bsl, where as 10 inches measure from your crown would reach your nape. Thats why i don't understand constant cutting when your growing out your hair. the second your hair grows, the hair closest to the bottom will fall out of line with the hair above it (the hair growing from say above your ears, will touch your collar bone faster, because it has less to travel than the hair from the middle of your head. Its not "growing" faster, it just has less to travel.

I hope that makes sense

Back