Crunchy hard hair after moisturizing

krissynick

Whenever I wash my hair I always use a deep conditioner and it works pretty well detangle but sometimes it doesnt work that well and i end up putting some more conditioner in there. After rinse the second conditoiner out I find that my hair is really hard and brittle and even more tangled than it was the first time. for example today i used lustrasilk shea butter and mango and it worked ok but i was trying to wet wrap and it got kinda tangled to i put some more of it and then rinsed it out again and then continue to detangle my hair so i could dry and it was so brittle u can hear it the noise when u comb it. i did ever thing i could to fix the problem i rinse my hair with shampoo agian really quick with creme of nature and then tried ors replenishing pack which usualy work really well with my hair .. that didnt work either. The only thing that worked was me using my keracare shampoo with my kenra conditioner. My question is when i use the lustrasilk the first time it work fine then when i rinse it with it again it got hard and brittle. Any ideas as to why this happen? Thanks

Maybe instead of reapplying a heavy conditioner like that to help with tangles/softness, u should use a dominican rinse or a light rinse out conditioner (I really like white rain tropical coconut as a final rinse or for cowashing). Reapplying something like cholesterol may be overloading on product/causing buildup.

When you mentioned hard and brittle, protein overload came to mind. I would deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner containing no protein. Follow up with a moisturizing leave in and daily moisturizer. HTH.

I agree with what people have already suggested...one more thing though:
When i put leave-in conditioner on my hair, i need to comb through at least once. Otherwise, my hair becomes extremely hard and crunchy...

If im trying to be low mani and not comb, i just let it dry hard in a VERY loose pony, then apply some s-curl section by section and seal with oil...after this, my hair feels like a soft black cloud :lachen:

HTH

thanks.. but i have one question do u leave the suave conditioner on long or it is only for a few minutes?

I just put it in for a couple of minutes and rinse it out and my hair immediately feels soft and untangled.

I agree with what people have already suggested...one more thing though:
When i put leave-in conditioner on my hair, i need to comb through at least once. Otherwise, my hair becomes extremely hard and crunchy...

If im trying to be low mani and not comb, i just let it dry hard in a VERY loose pony, then apply some s-curl section by section and seal with oil...after this, my hair feels like a soft black cloud :lachen:

HTH

I agree...sometimes u need to use a leave in and for me I need to let it sit and absorb a little before I try to detangle....sometimes Ill put a cap on for a few minutes.

Your hair just may not like that conditioner. I can't use those Suave conditioners. They make my hair feel like crap.

Back