Cruise Hairstyles

sunflora

Flowah Powah
What hairstyles do you all recommend for a cruise? Something that can withstand swimming, last a full week, be worn to formal parties, and not tear out my hairline? :lol:.

I was thinking of a full head weave but the type without a leave out look super wiggy.

@MizAvalon @sapphire74 Would you recommend Senegalese twists as well, or only braids? I think I've heard braids stay neat longer than twists, but I only really want them in for the trip and maybe a week or so after. I hate taking braids out :wallbash:

@MizAvalon @sapphire74 Would you recommend Senegalese twists as well, or only braids? I think I've heard braids stay neat longer than twists, but I only really want them in for the trip and maybe a week or so after. I hate taking braids out :wallbash:

I have never worn any type of twist so I am not sure how they will hold up but they should be okay for just this trip.

I have't worn Senegalese twists but I have worn Marley twists, are they similar? You should be fine with wearing them for a couple of weeks. I've worn them for a month with no problem.

I wore twists and was rather happy with them, but since I was in the Caribbean I was in the water a lot doing snorkeling or swimming. They slipped quite a bit just during that week. I'm working on week three, but it's doubtful they'll make it to a month. I wouldn't mind except that Senegelese twists cost me $240. :look:

Next time I'd go with box braids. My roomie had a quickweave which survived the whole trip. I'd be concerned about the glue coming loose, which she mentioned happened with hers, but it's another consideration.

Thanks for the advice all!!!

Back