Cruise hair

Rnjones

Hi all! I'm a new poster but have been lurking for a while now. I started my HHJ back in 2005, so I'm pretty comfortable with my hair. I'm currently MBL and relaxed. I have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and was looking for ideas. I have tried crochet braids once in the past but never for swimming. The look was very easy to maintain and cute but I'm scared something may slip out with all the water activities I plan on getting in to(1st time cruiser = SUPER HYPED!!!!) Has anyone had success with crochet braids for vacation hair? Other options at this point are cornrows or just rock my hair in a bun. I've never had a weave before so I don't want my first experience with weave to be on a vacation.

When I went on cruises I always just did wash-and-go's. Simple, no fuss, no muss. Have fun!

BTW WELCOME!!!

I love cruises! Usually, I'll just throw in some box braids and get the party started! Super easy and low maintenance even if you want to put them in an updo for formal night.

Funny, I'm going on a cruise in two weeks or so and I've been going back and forth on my hair as well. I kinda want to rock my hair but I also made this dope wig that I want to wear.

I think the bun would be cool because then you can let your hair flow for other activities.

Braids for the daytime and a few different wig options for nights. Both the saltwater and the chlorine water will need to washed out of your hair daily. You may also want to coat your hair with conditioner prior to participating in any water event.

Have fun!

I went on a cruise in December and wore crochet braids. Didn't have any problems with them coming loose.

Welcome!!

I've never been on a cruise, but I went to Aruba 12 years ago and since I was going to the beach every day I just kept my (then relaxed) hair in a ponytail the whole time.

For a cruise I once did stylish cornrows in the front and kinky twists in the back. It got a tad fuzzy in front with water activities but it was nothing some leave in and a scarf couldn't fix. Formal night gathered everything in a high bun with tropical flower pinned in.

I wouldn't suggest anything that has tracks b/c as soon as your hair gets wet they'll show or you'll see the braids underneath.

With MBL I really would suggest just leaving it out. Save ur money for the expensive cruise activities. 2 French braids for water activities,.. If ur natural and type 4 just wash and dry hair in the French braids to avoid lengthy detangling sessions.

HAVE FUN!!

Thank you ladies for all the replies. I have a few weeks to go so I'm gonna think about all these ideas. The good thing is if I do decide to just rock my hair, I timed it so I will have a fresh relaxer.

I'm trying to think of some ideas for a hair style for my upcoming cruise. I do not want cornrows or box braids because I cannot take the tension. Originally I wanted to make my own wigs and bring them but my friends told me not to take a chance because it can get pretty windy on board. (Im a first time cruiser so I have no idea what to expect). If I could skip a sew in, I would like to, but it seems like that will be my best option. Maybe sewin some curly hair.

I'm going on a week long cruise at the end of October and I plan on doing Havana twists. I don't want to be bothered with doing my hair. I was considering getting box braids, but I'm afraid of the tension too. I would love to be able to wear wng's, but I feel like it's going to be a pain.

Back