Crown area breakage...I need a remedy

bbdgirl

I need some ideas...My crown area hair grows but breaks off, and I have been watching and babying my hair for the past six months and really nothing has changed.
When I moisturize my ends I make sure to moisturize those ends too. My hair is like two diff lengths.
I ws thinking today that I should try rubbing peppermint and rosemary or tea tree oil on my scalp in that area to stimulate the hair to grow more.
What can I do to stop the hair from continuously breaking, cuz we all know that it is growing.
Also the texture there is a little diff than the rest of my hair, it's coarser, no discernable wave pattern, just frizzy
What do I do next? What do you suggest? (sorry for the long post)

Last edited:
I have to keep my crown area moisturized constantly.. it's the driest part of my head:nono: I wash/con 2x per week and I do deep con once a week (I may up that to 2x per week to keep my crown area moisturized longer.)

I also carry around hair moisturizer in my purse and apply as needed throughtout the day:drunk:

I need some ideas...My crown area hair grows but breaks off, and I have been watching and babying my hair for the past six months and really nothing has changed.

When I moisturize my ends I make sure to moisturize those ends too. My hair is like two diff lengths.

I ws thinking today that I should try rubbing peppermint and rosemary or tea tree oil on my scalp in that area to stimulate the hair to grow more.
What can I do to stop the hair from continuously breaking, cuz we all know that it is growing.

Also the texture there is a little diff than the rest of my hair, it's coarser, so discernable wave pattern, jsut frizzy

The length of your post is fine. :)

Actually, InnerSoul made a lot of the suggestions I would make. Both my crown and nape area are super dry and coarser than the rest of my hair (the nape is worse, though). To keep it from breaking, you have to constantly keep the hair moisturized and soft (even when the rest of your head is adequately hydrated). I also focus on my new growth in the dry areas before the ends.

What product are you putting on your scalp/roots? I ask because the product that works well on my ends doesn't do so well on my scalp/roots. :nono:

What product are you putting on your scalp/roots? I ask because the product that works well on my ends doesn't do so well on my scalp/roots. :nono:[/quote]

Thanks for the response.

I use my MN mix (which is MN, olive, castor, grapeseed, rosemary, carrot, tea tree, coconut and amla oils.
On my ends I use Profectiv healthy ends and Garnier length and strength leave in conditioner.
I also use coconut or castor oil on my ends.

What product are you putting on your scalp/roots? I ask because the product that works well on my ends doesn't do so well on my scalp/roots. :nono:

Thanks for the response.

I use my MN mix (which is MN, olive, castor, grapeseed, rosemary, carrot, tea tree, coconut and amla oils.
On my ends I use Profectiv healthy ends and Garnier length and strength leave in conditioner.
I also use coconut or castor oil on my ends.[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I love tea tree, but isn't it drying? And so is Amla? If you're trying to moisturize that area, you might want to leave those out. Also protective is awesome but it also has protein. I'm very cautious about protein as my hair can't handle too much. I only use protein every so often on my hair or it would shatter like glass. I also have a thyroid condition, so I have to have moisture moisture moisture. Throw some pure moisture on that area, because MN is already drying. I'm also a natural, so that's why I'm so keen on moisture, even though I wear my hair straight lately.

Attachments

• moisture block 3.JPG
    moisture block 3.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Sabino finally.JPG
    Sabino finally.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 8
  • sabino moisture pic.JPG
    sabino moisture pic.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Are you relaxed? If so, try only relaxing that part of your hair every other relaxer.

Since I texlaxed, my crown has been breaking/thinning, so I think I am just going to transition again. Good luck.

ETA: Another thing I'm looking into is circulation. I'm starting to do more exercise that requires inversion. I'll let you know if that makes a difference.

I guess you ladies are right b/c last night I DC and co-washed and airdried my hair and when my hair was semi-dry I realized that the crown area was soooooooooooooo super dry. So I moisturized like crazy with ORS olive oil. And I put some in a small bottle to take with me to work like Innersoul sais she does. Your right it definitely is a moisture issue. Ooops. I see now.
Thanks ladies for all the responses. I will also have to rethink my MN mix and MN usage esp. if it is gonna dry me out.

I guess you ladies are right b/c last night I DC and co-washed and airdried my hair and when my hair was semi-dry I realized that the crown area was soooooooooooooo super dry. So I moisturized like crazy with ORS olive oil. And I put some in a small bottle to take with me to work like Innersoul sais she does. Your right it definitely is a moisture issue. Ooops. I see now.
Thanks ladies for all the responses. I will also have to rethink my MN mix and MN usage esp. if it is gonna dry me out.

and honestly while I am at work... I apply it up to 3x a day especially concentrating on that dry area. Hope that works out for you!

MN and tea tree oil should only be applied to the scalp as they help clear up skin conditions that could affect growth.

Your hair looks beautiful in your siggy BTW.

Also the texture there is a little diff than the rest of my hair, it's coarser, no discernable wave pattern, just frizzy

Ok, those are very potent oils and should be diluted with a carrier like jojoba, olive, or castor oil. Also keep those oils away from your ends, they are too strong.

MN and tea tree oil should only be applied to the scalp as they help clear up skin conditions that could affect growth.

Your hair looks beautiful in your siggy BTW.
Thank you!!

Thank you. I don't really need the MN b/c growth is not my problem. I am looking for maximum retention. So I will probably drop the MN and tea tree from my reggie and concentrate on moisturizing my crown and ends...actuallly it's time for me to go moisturize my hair now!!

Last edited:
Back