Critique My New Regimen?

that_1_grrrl

Okay, after feeling like I was stalled for a few months and deciding to chop off my ends that were damaged from my pre-LHCF days, I figured I might as well kick up my regimen as well.

2x a week:
-Oil hair with either Hot 6, Amla, Vatika, or Coconut
-DC with my DC of choice that week (Cholesterol, Giovanni, MOP reconstructer when needed (until I finish it off))
-Ayurvedic rinse

Everyday:
-Whole head baggy* - mix of conditioner, Elasta QP mango butter, and oil of choice
-Scalp massage with either Vatika oil or Bee Mine Serum

-Co-wash as needed

*During the winter, I wear a hat everyday. I have decided to whole head baggy under my hat and satin bonnet during the day. I figure the hat would help melt the ingredients.

In the summer, I plan to do the opposite: baggy all night and wear my hear out. Although, I might be getting some silk fabric and just wear it wrapped up all summer or until my hair is long enough for bunning.

I also have CHI Keratin Mist that I like to spray on my head, but I don't want to overdue it. How often do you think I should be using it? Would it be okay to use in my baggy?

Any and all advice is appreciated. TIA!

Last edited:
Sounds good to me!:yep: I can't really answer the baggy question though.

Thanks much.

***Just thought I would add for other readers, I have two baggying questions but forgot to add one.

Is my Winter/Summer plan sound? Can everyday whole head baggying potentially be bad?

Thanks much.

***Just thought I would add for other readers, I have two baggying questions but forgot to add one.

Is my Winter/Summer plan sound? Can everyday whole head baggying potentially be bad?
Keep your eye out for over-moisturized mushy hair. I've heard some horror stories with baggying as well as many success stories, just keep your eye out. Your regimen sounds good though.

Be careful with your baggying....I personally only do it...when my hair needs it and is really dry!

It can lead to over-moisturized hair...keep a close watch on your hair!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice ladies.

Does anyone know if adding the Keratin Mist could help prevent over-moisturized hair?

Keep your eye out for over-moisturized mushy hair. I've heard some horror stories with baggying as well as many success stories, just keep your eye out. Your regimen sounds good though.

Be careful with your baggying....I personally only do it...when my hair needs it amd is really dry!

It can lead to over-moisturized hair...keep a close watch on your hair!

Thanks for the advice ladies.

Does anyone know if adding the Keratin Mist could help prevent over-moisturized hair?

I've never used a keratin mist so I'm unsure of how it would work.

Maybe you can cut your baggying down to 2-3 times a week...?

Is your hair severely dry? Is that why you want to baggy everyday???

I've never used a keratin mist so I'm unsure of how it would work.

Maybe you can cut your baggying down to 2-3 times a week...?

Is your hair severely dry? Is that why you want to baggy everyday???

I could do that. Yeah, my hair drinks up moisture. And so far, this is the only method I have found that keeps my hair moisturized without a lot of manipulation.

Maybe I could alternate between using moisture, using protein, and using just oil.

I tried using the baggie method. My hair came out like mush and it itched so bad in the back I scratched like crazy and thinned my hair out in the back. Just be careful. Setbacks can be disappointing but the good thing is our hair will eventually recover.

I could do that. Yeah, my hair drinks up moisture. And so far, this is the only method I have found that keeps my hair moisturized without a lot of manipulation.

Maybe I could alternate between using moisture, using protein, and using just oil.

My hair was the same way! It would be so dry! I could dc...and 2 hours later my hair would be dry again..even after I sealed...

I learned that my hair doesn't like cones...so I clarified and switched to a no-cone condish...and my hair has been moisturized ever since...

I seal once a day...and rarely have to baggy...

Does your dc have cones? Could that be the problem?

Cones can be drying...but cones work for some people..so it could be a toss-up????

Actually, no. I have no idea why my hair gets so dry. When I try to apply a leave-in on non-wash days, I can not get my hair moist enough. If I spray on a moisturizer and seal, it will stay moist for a few minutes. If I try to apply it with my hand, it doesn't smooth very well and still gets eaten up. My hair is hungry, lol.

But this baggying thing has worked the two days I did it. My hair likes this. I can get moisture to it without touching (no broken hairs!), so I will keep it up, but I will take your and Pokahontas's and only do it 2-3 times a week. I think that will probably work out. If not, I'll toss it. :)

My hair was the same way! It would be so dry! I could dc...and 2 hours later my hair would be dry again..even after I sealed...

I learned that my hair doesn't like cones...so I clarified and switched to a no-cone condish...and my hair has been moisturized ever since...

I seal once a day...and rarely have to baggy...

Does your dc have cones? Could that be the problem?

Cones can be drying...but cones work for some people..so it could be a toss-up????

I tried using the baggie method. My hair came out like mush and it itched so bad in the back I scratched like crazy and thinned my hair out in the back. Just be careful. Setbacks can be disappointing but the good thing is our hair will eventually recover.

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be on the look out for any itching or thinning.

I would baggy less and make co-washing a more frequent part of the regimen.

I like co-washing but whenever I go to apply oil to seal after co-washing, I get broken hairs in my hand. :ohwell: I haven't been able to find a way to stop it yet, and I think it was the reason I was stalled.

I like co-washing but whenever I go to apply oil to seal after co-washing, I get broken hairs in my hand. :ohwell: I haven't been able to find a way to stop it yet, and I think it was the reason I was stalled.

Try a Nexxus Emergencee treatment - 20 minutes under heat without a cap (until it hardens), then a DC with a moisturizing conditioner like Nexxus Humectress. That has stopped my breakage instantly.

Also, I seal with oil when my hair is closer to dry; I use my leave-in when my hair is still wet, bun it and leave it alone for a few hours. Then I take down the bun, seal and re-bun.

Hey, Rosie:

I think you essentially have a good plan. However, I agree that you should baggy less. I also think you need to incorporate a mild or medium protein to the mix. Have you tried Aphogee 2-minute?

Hey, Rosie:

I think you essentially have a good plan. However, I agree that you should baggy less. I also think you need to incorporate a mild or medium protein to the mix. Have you tried Aphogee 2-minute?

I tried Aphogee 2-minute once before, and it didn't seem that spectacular to me. My hair didn't feel or behave differently.

I was hoping to use the Keratin Mist as a mild form of protein. I just haven't found a way to work into the regimen. After I first got it, I just sprayed it on my head after co-washing. I also have a protein deep conditioner that I use from time to time.

But, as far as I can tell, my hair really doesn't respond to any protein either way. It doesn't seem to love or hate it.

I tried Aphogee 2-minute once before, and it didn't seem that spectacular to me. My hair didn't feel or behave differently.

I was hoping to use the Keratin Mist as a mild form of protein. I just haven't found a way to work into the regimen. After I first got it, I just sprayed it on my head after co-washing. I also have a protein deep conditioner that I use from time to time.

But, as far as I can tell, my hair really doesn't respond to any protein either way. It doesn't seem to love or hate it.

What about Nexxus Emergencee? People who don't particularly care for Aphogee 2-minute actually swear by Nexxus. I think it's more of a medium protein though.

I've never tried the Keratin mist. I hope it offers enough protein for you to make a difference.

I guess I will try the Nexxus when my money is running better. A lot of people seem to love it.

You could try and ayurvedic inspired protein mask that I use in my hair, it is cheap and it works:

- I deep condition with a homemade henna protein mask (henna powder,
one cup of brewed shikakai tea, one egg, 1 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons
of honey, one tablespoon of AVC, and 1/4 cup of avocado oil) this
preparation will last for two applications - microwave for 5 minutes - cool in the fridge before application - freeze what you do not use
I leave the mask on for two hours - under a conditioning cap
- I rinse completely with lukewarm water and I follow it with Prosys
Well-Being Conditioner (contains algae and grain)

You could try and ayurvedic inspired protein mask that I use in my hair, it is cheap and it works:

- I deep condition with a homemade henna protein mask (henna powder,
one cup of brewed shikakai tea, one egg, 1 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons
of honey, one tablespoon of AVC, and 1/4 cup of avocado oil) this
preparation will last for two applications - microwave for 5 minutes - cool in the fridge before application - freeze what you do not use
I leave the mask on for two hours - under a conditioning cap
- I rinse completely with lukewarm water and I follow it with Prosys
Well-Being Conditioner (contains algae and grain)

Ooo, that sounds really nice. :grin: I will have to try this the next time I pick up some henna.

Back