Crisco Olive Oil Spray...as Oil Sheen?

It~Can~Grow

In case you didn’t know..I am the queen of substitutes. That being said, I was wondering, has anyone tried using the Organic Olive Oil spray as an Oil Sheen?

I was asking because I thought, "hey, this would be better for our hair than oil sheen since its just olive oil?"

The only ingredient I'm concerned about is Soy Lecithin which is:

"Soy lecithin is a natural fat-soluble substance derived from soybeans. Lecithin is also present in high concentrations in meat, egg yolks, etc.,"

Calling all Chemists, biology, med students or even future Chemologist :grin:

What do you guys think?

idk about that.. wouldnt it be too heavy? why not just use a drop of olive oil? you'll that great shine and I think that its cheaper

Guess I was thinking since it contains water and propellant that it would distribute the oil more evenly.

Honestly I'm trying to find something I can carry to work during the winter for a quick spray of moisture and sheen.

I have a Misto that I purchased from TJMaxx that you manually use to distribute your oil for cooking, but you have to pump like 4/5 times prior to use and I've used it so much it's starting to leak around the seal. :sad:

Thank you for your feedback.

i'm not so sure of this. no doubt it's better than 90% of oil sheens out there, but what you may want to try instead is getting a spray bottle (like a body spray bottle that has a fine mist) & putting pure olive oil instead. i'm not so sure that the propellant inside of the can is ok for hair. hope that helps :)

i'm not so sure of this. no doubt it's better than 90% of oil sheens out there, but what you may want to try instead is getting a spray bottle (like a body spray bottle that has a fine mist) & putting pure olive oil instead. i'm not so sure that the propellant inside of the can is ok for hair. hope that helps :)

Oh I've experimented with this a bit :yep: The only problem is the sprayer is so 'fine' that you cant get the oil to come out. I've tried it with Olive Oil, Liquid Shea Butter, Grapeseed and all I can get out are a few drops.

So, when I found the Misto I said "perfect, this was designed to distribute thicker spray". Yes it works, but you cant just throw it in a bag or it leaks.

Thanks again

I used to put olive oil in one of those kitchen olive oil sprayers to spray on my hair. Since it's specifically for olive oil, it doesn't clog up. I wasn't using it as an oil sheen, using it to prepoo & it made the olive oil application alot easier.

The only ingredient I'm concerned about is Soy Lecithin which is:

"Soy lecithin is a natural fat-soluble substance derived from soybeans. Lecithin is also present in high concentrations in meat, egg yolks, etc.,"

Does anyone know anything about this ingredient?

Does anyone know anything about this ingredient?

Soy Lecithin (see Lecithin)
Can be effectively used in facial cleansers formulated for dry skin. It is used widely in the cosmetics industry. Lecithin is found in every living cell and is a natural antioxidant.

Soy Lecithin (GMO free)
Soy Lecithin: is an excellent source of protein and helps revitalise skin and hair. High in vitamin B. Extract of soy oil.

Source: http://en.mimi.hu/beauty/soy_lecithin.html

Did you ever try this OP?

I have found that the best spray bottle for heavy oils is an S-Curl Bottle
I mix all sorts of thick oils in an s-curl bottle with a little water and wham!
I have the best spray coverage and it always works:yep:
Oh I've experimented with this a bit :yep: The only problem is the sprayer is so 'fine' that you cant get the oil to come out. I've tried it with Olive Oil, Liquid Shea Butter, Grapeseed and all I can get out are a few drops.

So, when I found the Misto I said "perfect, this was designed to distribute thicker spray". Yes it works, but you cant just throw it in a bag or it leaks.

Thanks again

I love Crisco! Not the spray kind, tho. The solid veggie oil. For me, it's been better than Shea Butter. At my DH's request (:look:) I put it in a different container and you'd never know it was Crisco. Skin, hair, etc. I read about it on here and looked at a few reviews. I have to say, I know people think it's weird. But I really like it.

Yea I'm definitely gonna give crisco a try. As soon as I'm done with the other stuff, so in other words in about another month. Lol

Back