Creme of Nature....why has thou forsaken me?

itismehmmkay

so...my hair is trippin!

I was doing just fine with my little regimen:

-creme of nature shampoo (daily....i know i know...)
-grease
-mousse

I mean....i had the nice, conditioned, texturized look killin' 'em
wink.gif

So why is my hair all dull and undefined???

I assumed that maybe I just needed to clarify....well....I did w/ Suave Daily Clarifier.......

What's up ya'll?? Help!

krys

Maybe you need to release some of the build up on the hair. Then maybe all of your products will work like they use to. I think..... I think acv rinse is supposed to do this I have not done it yet but will be doing it soon.

I was just wondering is that ALL you use on your hair? No moisturizers or anything? Maybe you can try conditioner washes daily instead of using shampoo daily....just my opinion. I notice that when I use grease/vaseline on my ends...it takes a LOT to get rid of the build-up....usually an ACV rinse works better than clarifying shampoo...for me that is.

you just got the bc right? I experienced the same thing as you. As your hair grows in it will change a lil. You may need to search for sum more products. The grease and mousee maybe contributing. Get sum alochol free hair gel. It should give you the same results as the grease and mousse but with out the buildup involved.

Well, I've been natural before.....

The last time around, I didn't use grease at all. During that time I spent most of my LIFE trying to find the right gel, the right conditioner, the right anything to make my hair reach it's potential.

In the end I realized, there was no conditioner that moisturized my hair as well as CON, grease makes my hair soft, and mousse keeps it looking soft.

So I'm thinking that I just have a build-up problem and that I need to add a wonderful clarifier to my regimen.......

Keep in mind, I followed that build-up regimen AT LEAST daily. Perhaps if I had a clarifier to my regimen weekly, I'll be alright.....we'll see.

BTW....thanks so much for the responses.....I'd appreciate more!
laugh.gif

it is me

do you conditioner wash? I find that when I use even a dime size amount of clarifying shampoo alone on my hair it comes out really dry. Once a week I add the clarifying shampoo to my conditioner. It still removes the buildup without suffering from dry hair.

CON gave me major film build up using 2x a week which caused breakage and severe dryness. Try clarifying as the Ladies mentioned and make sure you use a good moisturizer. You should also check to see if you have hard water that could be it too.

CON works great for some- but my hair can't take the balsam in it. It leaves this sticky dull residue which made combing and styling difficult. Good luck finding a good clarifier I use Dr Bronner's peppermint soap (heavily diluted) for clarifying. My regular shampoo is dilluted Dr. Bronners Almond soap- but I'm curious to try an Oyin shampoo bar .

Back