Creme of nature products

delitefulmane

Hey everyone,
My friend just told that her mom's friends, a stylist, mentioned that Creme of Nature products have the same chemical that is in relaxers that straighten hair. Have you ladies heard of this before? What do you think? I need a little feed back on this because I use Creme of Nature.

yup, a couple of the CON shampoos have sodium hydroxide (lye). but so do bars of soap, and some lotions. the ingredient in CON doesn't straighten hair, it's used more to balance the pH in the product.

lotion in bath and body works has more sodium hydroxide than CON, so it's safe (in my opinion). the only possible way i see a problem coming from the lye is if you put on the shampoo and leave it in your hair for a week or so :grin:

however, some people complain of a lot of buildup from the shampoos and conditioners. i haven't noticed this, and i use both CON shampoo (green bottle) and CON conditioner (purple bottle).

I have never heard this. Best way to find out, go to your local BBS, grab a relaxer, grab a CON shampoo and do the research. I think I might have do this myself.

Hey everyone,
My friend just told that her mom's friends, a stylist, mentioned that Creme of Nature products have the same chemical that is in relaxers that straighten hair. Have you ladies heard of this before? What do you think? I need a little feed back on this because I use Creme of Nature.

Me too. I love CON conditioner. Its conpliments the shampoo well.

yup, a couple of the CON shampoos have sodium hydroxide (lye). but so do bars of soap, and some lotions. the ingredient in CON doesn't straighten hair, it's used more to balance the pH in the product.

lotion in bath and body works has more sodium hydroxide than CON, so it's safe (in my opinion). the only possible way i see a problem coming from the lye is if you put on the shampoo and leave it in your hair for a week or so :grin:

however, some people complain of a lot of buildup from the shampoos and conditioners. i haven't noticed this, and i use both CON shampoo (green bottle) and CON conditioner (purple bottle).

yeah. Come to think of it, there's a baby body wash/shampoo made by J&J that has sodium hydroxide (lye) in it. I was shocked.

Back