Creme of Nature as a conditioner wash

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Okay,I have always known that CON was a balsam type shampoo that could coat the hair,but I just could not get over how that shampoo provided my hair with slip. It's even harder now since I have been coming to this forum and hearing the same results others have like me(dryness,etc) from CON. I can't give up the CON now(I just purchased some this weekend) so how about this- since CON is a shampoo/conditioner and I am now on this conditioner wash trip,how about using it just for conditioner washes??
smile.gif

I love both CON and Keracare's detangling shampoo. This is the only reason why I can extend my touchups and detangle in the shower. But overtime it can coat the hair and it can stop working or dry out the hair as some people have experienced.

What I started doing was using a shampoo that was more cleansing first and then use the CON or Keracare. My theory is that it will keep build up at bay. I've only done this once and will need to wait a few weeks to see how it works out.

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
I love both CON and Keracare's detangling shampoo. This is the only reason why I can extend my touchups and detangle in the shower. But overtime it can coat the hair and it can stop working or dry out the hair as some people have experienced.

What I started doing was using a shampoo that was more cleansing first and then use the CON or Keracare. My theory is that it will keep build up at bay. I've only done this once and will need to wait a few weeks to see how it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keracare has the same buildup as creme of nature? Does it also contain balsam?

Hmmm...I don't know. Good question. Does anyone else know if Keracare has balsam in it? I also noticed that Keracare stopped working for me as well awhile back.

see, this is what i was concerned about (i posted a thread on kds=con) they are so similar. i don't want to clarify too often (i only want to clarify every 4 weeks)

anyhoo...supergirl will be listing the ingredients to kds a little later (she's at work now)

Can you do a conditioner wash with a shampoo? I thought the whole point of conditioner washes was that there wasn't any shampoo involved.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you do a conditioner wash with a shampoo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask the same question.

I thought it was just me who didn't understand this notion.
confused.gif

Mostly conditioners contain balsam. Since CON has balsam in it,I was considering using it in place of a pure conditioner wash and not follow up with deep conditioning. I noticed earlier when I was low on funds,I just used CON and my hair retained more moisture and curl definition than using it with other shampoos and conditioners.

I wouldn't recomend it. You're better off with any cheapie conditioner
smile.gif

Since you just bought the CON, I'd rotate it with other shampoos if you want to finish it.

NO! i washed my hair with that daily and it made my hair tangle and dry up! I use it once a week now. I use Vo5 "smell good" conditioners for conditioner washes.

Back