Crazy glue on braid ends

SweetNic_JA

I plan on starting my braids today. I'm doing half-way or 3/4-way braided human braids. I usually do this style and tie a knot below my own hair's ending. I'm considering trying crazy glue ( I hear this is what is done at the african salons). Has anyone had this done? If so, did you wash your braids frequently? I wash my braids frequently and I would like for the glue to last. When I wash frequently with the knots the hair always manages to unravel or knot and I have to redo quite a few braids after washing.

If you've done this or have had this done please let me know your experience.

I had my HH Braids done like that, they used nail glue. Yes, I washed my hair with no problem. I think I had the braids in 5 or 6 weeks.

My mother use to use the glue, however unless you don't want to save your hair then I would suggest that u dont use the glue. Also if you do it yourself it will get all over your fingers.

Kamilla I don't plan on reusing the hair. Although I imagine having crazy glue on my fingers will be an uncomfortable mess, I'lltake my chances and try to refine my technique as I braid.

What kind of glue did your mom use.
PrettybrownEyes, do u think nail glue is absolutely necessary? I think the crazy glue should work fine.

SweetNic,

I don't know if the nail glue is absolutely necessary, I only had HH Braids once, and I was just sharing what the stylist used.
smile.gif

I was a little alarmed about it, but, when I asked others who had the braids, they said that nail glue was used for their braids also.

for real I have never heard of that I know that they burn the ends or dip them in hot water.

I hope I read this right, but "How did you learn to braid your own hair?"

yeah, these are human braids. Synthetic braids have to burned or dipped. Human braids are usually knotted at or near the ends, glued (in the same place) , or left untied and unglued.

I've been braiding my own hair since I was 11. It took a lot of practice but I got pretty good with it.

Back