CPR for false hair pieces

Tonya

Calling all false hair wearers,
Ok I ahve become addicted to wearing falls...but I have a question. Once u wear then for while they start to look old...is there anything u can do to a kankelon or tokoyoloen fall or ponytail to bring it back to life???? Help I am about to put "Mr. Horsey" on as we speak and he looked beat......

hey, tonya! long time no chit chat...
laugh.gif

i use a wig shampoo that i bought at the beauty supply to wash my ponytails. if you have a good clarifying shampoo, that works almost as well. i'd try that before going to buy yet another product.

when i wash, i fill the sink up with cold water and shampoo. after combing all tangles out, i hold the hair and swirl it around in the sink a few times. if i have alot of produt buildup on it, i might work some shampoo right on the piece itself. it just takes longer to get it rinsed off. after rinsing, squeeze off as much water as you can.

don't brush or comb it. wait until it's completely dry. just hang and let it air dry. once it's dry, it should go back to the original shape. i find that they sometimes get static after they dry. so i use a dryer sheet to get rid of it. lol!

Girl. Put the pony down!! Now put your hands up and give it to me.........Come On........Come on.......... See there u go..........Good............Thank You..........Thank You. IT'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!! Im just playin. U know what after a certain time it's time to retire the pony.

Have u ever heard of that club song and it goes

"OOOOoohhh girl that ain't fair give that horsie back it's hair" I just thought I'd throw that in.

LMAO!!!
grin.gif

girl, i'm sorry but my ponytails get tired after a couple of weeks because of all the activator i put on my hair to smooth it down. and there is no way in H-E-double-toothpicks that i'm throwing a ponytail away after two weeks.
laugh.gif
so that's why i wash them.

also, some of the falls, like tonya mentioned, are pretty expensive. i can't see throwing a $50 hairpiece away simply because it's dirty.

so the horsie gone be bald a lil while longer...
laugh.gif

Thanks Adrienne....
Yeah girl I can not let go of my ponies just yet. And I ahve not even had this fall that long. I think it is basically product build up.

Back