Cowashing question

Friggin' Licia

Hey guys

So... Lately i've been cowashing my hair and I've noticed that when it dries my hair looks frizzy and unmoisturized :nono: Is there anything I can do? I've been washing with humectress and sealing with it and olive oil. I also dab a little bit of this serum called curl ups (here's a pic). Blahh nothing is working! :wallbash:

Thank you in advance (:

Hey Licia,

Are you doing any deep conditionings aside from the co-washing? Deep conditioning make a great difference with my hair's moisture :yep:.

I've been pretty inconsistent with my deep conditioning... but when i do I usually use ORS replenishing pak and sit with a cap on for 30 minutes. I don't think I'm really sure how often I'm supposed to be deep conditioning my hair either :/

ETA: Wow, your hair transformation is amazing. Awesome job ^_^

Last edited:
I am going through the same thing, but I don't DC like I'm suppose to either. I DC about every other week. I need to start doing it bare minimum once a week. That might help.

Hey guys

So... Lately i've been cowashing my hair and I've noticed that when it dries my hair looks frizzy and unmoisturized :nono: Is there anything I can do? I've been washing with humectress and sealing with it and olive oil. I also dab a little bit of this serum called curl ups (here's a pic). Blahh nothing is working! :wallbash:

Thank you in advance (:

I have the same problem! After I wash, I have a nice moisturized fro with curls in the back. Catch it a coupla hours later and its a birds nest! I hate it! I've been told Porosity Control is the answer!!! I'm ordering it online.

Attachments

• P3040114.jpg
    P3040114.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P3140389.jpg
    P3140389.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
I have also been having this problem but I DC though. I usually DC overnight with a protein based conditioner or moisturing conditioner. Then I cowash the next day. Should I be doing it the other way round?

It's worth a try.... I tried DC'ing on dry hair but I don't think I cowashed right after though. I know my hair loves DC'ing after cowashing. But if you want to DC overnight, I'm not sure if you'd like your hair to be damp (i.e. cowash) and with the DC in to sleep....
Or maybe DC overnight as you do and don't cowash after...? And see how that feels?
I'm interested to see what others think.
I have also been having this problem but I DC though. I usually DC overnight with a protein based conditioner or moisturing conditioner. Then I cowash the next day. Should I be doing it the other way round?

i think finding the right conditioner is key too...unfortunately that may take a lot of trial and error. i believe my best co-wash conditioner is HE hello hydration. whenever i stray from this conditioner to try something new, i end up with frizz galore. i've also learned to stay away from certain ingredients (i.e. proteins) that also lead to my hair being dry or frizzy. (but everyone is different, i know other member's hair thrives with protein products)

Back