Couple Quick Pics - Bantu Knot Out

200AndOne

Hey All :grin:
I took my sew-in out over the weekend and attempted a roller set. I didn't take any pics on my phone of the roller set process, but here's what my ponytail looked like after the fact.

I thought it looked ok, especially if I would have taken the time to smooth my edges - but DH asked if I meant for it to look like that :rolleyes:.

Soooo, I went ahead and flat ironed (2nd time since being on my HHJ) - and did a few loose bantu knots, and here are today's results.

0323001050a-1.jpg

0323001047a-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Very nice. For the life of me my bantu knots havent been coming out nice at all since my hair has gotten longer. I need to start studying ya'll's techiniques.

I only did about 5-6 knots, and i did not do them tight at all. Hair was completely dry/straightened. I applied some Vatika oil and rolled the knots, still very loose at my scalp, secured with bobby pins.

I only did about 5-6 knots, and i did not do them tight at all. Hair was completely dry/straightened. I applied some Vatika oil and rolled the knots, still very loose at my scalp, secured with bobby pins.
THanks for the tip. Your hair looks great! Did you do any knots in the front? I think maybe that was my mistake - tiny, tight knots all over the place :nono:.

LOL Whimsy - I know, he is slowly becoming my best & worst critic :grin:

Leigh.hill - at the front, i really just swept the bangs of my hair to the sides and knotted the ends. If you can tell the parts that are behind my ear - that's really the area where i rolled, leaving the front straight - hope that makes sense.

Very cute! I'm gonna have to work on my bantu's...yours came out so nice. I love the side view showing the spiral effect..beautiful!:grin:

Back