Country life maxi hair vitamins

Ese88

Hi guys, I really wanna try these vitamins because they look really good but I have one concern.

The vitamin contains 600mg of MSM & since the very beginning I didnt jump on any of the MSM bandwagons because of one of the side effects which was an irregular menstrual cycle.
I don't need any issues with that so I left it alone. So i guess im wondering since this vitamin has so many things inside whether the MSM will still have an impact on my cycle?
Also any latest reviews on how it works?
thanks

The only vitamin that I take made by Country Life is Biotin. I do take msm by Natrol which I haven't had any problems with so far.

I don't know of the effects it'll have on your body, but honestly, I took the country life maxi hair vitamins for a while and I didn't notice a change in my cycle at all. Though I did get a few pimples here and there, but I think that was more due to the fact that I didn't start taking them gradually. I just automatically started popping 2/day.

I don't know of the effects it'll have on your body, but honestly, I took the country life maxi hair vitamins for a while and I didn't notice a change in my cycle at all. Though I did get a few pimples here and there, but I think that was more due to the fact that I didn't start taking them gradually. I just automatically started popping 2/day.

thanks.
would you recommend it? did it work?

thanks.
would you recommend it? did it work?

Well my nails definitely got stronger-- like rock hard.

As far as hair growth/health-- I didn't notice anything too dramatic. I got an inch of growth in 6 weeks, which is about the same amount I get anyway. But my hair did feel like it was growing in stronger though.

I wouldn't recommend them for growth, but I would recommend them to strengthen hair while it grows

I take Country Life Biotin. Which was "Highly" recommended for Hair Growth at the small local health food store I purchase from.

Country Life Biotin was out-ranked by the employees for Hair Growth more than some of their top selling "Hair Vitamins." I trust them. And they know their Vitamins & Herbs.

I like them. They're small. Plus you get like 120 for about $25.00!:grin:

I take these vits and really like them. My nails are rock hard and I have had no adverse effects from the MSM content.

I am not sure how much growth I have had thus far but my understanding is that vits usually take upto 3 months to kick in. I chose them bc I also use them as a "womens multi" as well as hair vits as I am not a big fan of over zealous pill popping. They also have another advantage of not containing Iron and so don't upset you stomach.

I take Country Life Biotin. Which was "Highly" recommended for Hair Growth at the small local health food store I purchase from.

Country Life Biotin was out-ranked by the employees for Hair Growth more than some of their top selling "Hair Vitamins." I trust them. And they know their Vitamins & Herbs.

$25.00?????? What?????? Girl I get them at vitacost for about $9.00:grin:

I take these vits and really like them. My nails are rock hard and I have had no adverse effects from the MSM content.

I am not sure how much growth I have had thus far but my understanding is that vits usually take upto 3 months to kick in. I chose them bc I also use them as a "womens multi" as well as hair vits as I am not a big fan of over zealous pill popping. They also have another advantage of not containing Iron and so don't upset you stomach.

thanks. i remeber you saying that you got them from iherb now. i just decided to order because they are cheap & iherb has a $5 coupon for 1st time customers.
Do you take 2 a day or just 1?

Last edited:

hmm. off to research

i got my vits today & i noticed that on the ingredients list mine does not have the canola fatty acids but it is listed on the ingredients list on countrylife & iherb which is where i purchased it. what's going on?

ok , so i contacted iherb & spoke to marlaina via live chat & she checked & she said that I was right and that there must have been a label change and that the canola fatty acids are no longer in it.
I think that must be why they dont smell terrible like someone said they did when i was doing my research on these vitamins.
She credited the money back to my account & apologised & said that they were updating it on the site right away. The sad thing is the old label is still on country life & they should have updated it a long time ago since it's their product.

this actually worked for me, i got an inch in a month and thats not normal for me.i had to stop it cause i started getting pimples and :nono: that wasnt okay. i havent noticed the canola fatty acid thing, i still have an old bottle lying around, i can have a look

OK I am soooo glad that I found this post. I have a question about Maxi Hair vitamins as well as just hair vitamins in general so I am hoping you ladies can help me out. Basically I purchased Maxi-Hair vitamins today at Whole Foods as they were highly recommended and I was told they don't contain all of the fillers, etc. I was going to purchase nexxus as I have heard amazing things about their vitamins but was confused with the fact that they the vitamins are processed with both yeast and whey as they claim that this helps with time release. What are your thoughts on this?

Now with Maxi Vitamins I notice some weird ingredients and I just wanted to see if you ladies could clarify. Before I go on though I want to say that I realize no vitamin supplement will be 100% perfect. That's just the reality of the times we live in but if it is something that can be avoided then I would like to try my very best to avoid that particular vitamin or product.

For Starters...they contain soy. (Not crazy about that)
Vegetable glaze? Stearic acid? cellulose and cellulose coating?

Other than the things mentioned everything else looks good and those may not be bad but I wanted more info to make sure. Thanks in advance for any responses!!

:bump: :bump: for more replies. I started taking this yesterday, and will track my growth over a 4 month period. I bought the package with 120 tablets and will be taking 1 daily since i'm taking Bamboo extract and 10mg separately.

Back