Could you wear your hair glamorous everyday?

IMO, rollersets always look glamorous. I also enjoy side ponytails (low on the nape) and low braided buns in the back or the side. These look glamorous and accessories can also be added to them. :)

Here is one low ponytail:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20380217,00.html

Another low ponytail:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20374732,00.html

Here is a low side ponytail:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20071783,00.html

This may or may not be considered glamorous but I may try this look:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20251554,00.html

Last edited:
Yes I do I wear my hair out down my back, blowing in the wind, highly curled, sometimes waved, sometimes full bodied with bounce and sex appeal, going into my face, framing my eyes or in a super sexy flip ala Beyonce.

Is that what you mean by glamorous??:look::look:

Oh and did I mention

...It's a Weave
.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Because if it was mine and I styled that much I would be BALD!:lachen::grin::lachen:

Yes I do I wear my hair out down my back, blowing in the wind, highly curled, sometimes waved, sometimes full bodied with bounce and sex appeal, going into my face, framing my eyes or in a super sexy flip ala Beyonce.

Is that what you mean by glamorous??:look::look:

Oh and did I mention

...It's a Weave.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Because if it was mine and I styled that much I would be BALD!:lachen::grin::lachen:

:lachen:LOL!!! You sure would....

I used to wear my hair dyed, fried and laid to the side....LOL It was glamorous, but luckily I had short hair and kept it that way, so I was always cutting off anything that may have been damaged.

I think glamour is in the eye of the beholder. But I will say if you feel good about your hair, you'll wear cute clothes, makeup, walk with your head held a little higher, etc. When my hair is jacked, I don't even feel like wearing cute clothes...LOL

When I do get my hair to a length wear I can have more styling versatility, I do plan to use it. I am of the mindset if I do all this sacrifice in helping my hair grow, then I'm gonna enjoy it. And I can't enjoy it (and neither can my SO) if it's always up in a protective style. I think if I take care of my hair and don't abuse it, then I can afford to let it down (literally) sometimes.

I know I went off on a tangent. But with a good hair care regimen and by paying close attention to your hair (knowing when it needs a break from styling), I think you can at least have glamorous hair most days.

IMO, rollersets always look glamorous. I also enjoy side ponytails (low on the nape) and low braided buns in the back or the side. These look glamorous and accessories can also be added to them. :)

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20380217,00.html

Another low ponytail:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20374732,00.html

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20071783,00.html

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20057671_1632832_20251554,00.html

These are cute. I really love the low side ponytail. I'm gonna try that one and I'll take a pic if its cute on me. I am not sure if I have enought length yet.

OP, I think you can have glamourous hair daily, but you have to know what your hair can handle. If you have fragile recovering ends, then find styles with that in mind. Plus, a lot of women who wear their hair out and not bunned, also have a few pins or scarves in their purse, just in case they need to swoop it up unexpectedly. So the key is to enjoy certain realistic styles, but keep in mind the health of your hair while doing so.

yes in braids or weaves... the braids that i have right now are tail bone length and a lotta drama. I also think roller sets and pin curls can be glamourous but thats a little to high mantience for me since I work out so much. buns that have a deep side part, low and to the side and heck even sleek and pulled back are glamourous. they don't call then chingons for nuthin. IMHO bed head(low mani lol) can be glamourous... it all depends on how you rock it! :look:

I just recently decided to wear protective styles on a regular basis until I reach full APL. (my 1st goal). I use to wear my hair done all the time and I felt glamorous. I realized my ends were snagging against my clothes which prolonged me into reaching my hair goals.
I had to learn how to look glamorous in a bun or up hair do with accessory clips.

I feel glamorous erryday - and I'm natural, don't use heat, and wear almost exclusively protective styles.

I think updos - whether buns, french braids, etc, etc, are some of the most glamourous styles they are - back from the days where glamour = class, if ya know what I'm saying.

Special events - people wear their hair up. Oscar nights - hair up. Weddings - hair up. Coronations - hair up. :lachen:

I can't THINK of a hairstyle more glam than an updo - everybody wears their hair loose - doing something gorgeous and fabulous with it UP is glam, to me.

:lol: But I'm odd, so ya know, grain of salt and all. Folx might be looking at me wondering why I always come out the house looking like who did what and why....... :grin:

yes in braids or weaves... the braids that i have right now are tail bone length and a lotta drama. I also think roller sets and pin curls can be glamourous but thats a little to high mantience for me since I work out so much. buns that have a deep side part, low and to the side and heck even sleek and pulled back are glamourous. they don't call then chingons for nuthin. IMHO bed head(low mani lol) can be glamourous... it all depends on how you rock it! :look:

I totally agree with this!!!!! I rocked it for almost 10 years and people loved it! I loved it! That was my signature look. Now I'm searching for my signature do now that I'm growing it out. But I am enjoying the styling versatility I have with wearing it up or down. Unfortunately my hair is snagging on my sweater today, so I know I'm gonna need to protect the ends tonight and put it up by Monday to minimize breakage.

Makeup, jewelry, and clothes make me feel glamorous. I bunned a plain' ol' wng and added some hair jewels for my wedding. :ohwell: For me the dress, makeup, and shoes made it different from the norm.

Last edited:
when i was neck lenght i did flexi rods and had messy glamorous curls every day im at shoulder length at the moment so cant really do hair down at the moment though i do love the bed head look i love low maintanence hair but right now im trying not to look hamtastic in a pony trying to find nice updos for shoulder length hair..help a sista out :grin:

Yeap,
With less damaging styling techniques: steam rollers, buns, cute up dos, etc.... or you can even use weave to avoid to much damage. Think of it this way. Hollywood stars black and white use weave/lace fronts and use high payed stylist everyday to maintain their glamourous looks. Posh Spice glamorous cut has extensions in it and cost more than $5,000 bucks. Weave is a great glamourous hair accessory.

Last edited:
Actually I tend to wear a lot of roller sets - I set my hair at night with foam rollers (and good ol' end papers because I'm on the search for the satin covered ones), and I get compliments everyday on how fabulous my hair looks. I even work out with my hair out sometimes when it's in this style and my hair never falls (my hair is about 2 inches past shoulder length so when I set it, it curls to about chin length if I leave the ends bumped)... I do sweat and I work out HARD (training for 2 fitness competitions coming up in April).

I wash and set my hair 2x a week, and to maintain - that's where the foam rollers come in or I will pin curl for a tight curled look like the one in my siggy. The cool thing is that on days that I do wear my hair up I have really great body in my hair if I do a ponytail, and can get really creative with cute up do's. I ALWAYS accessorize.

The only times I rock weaves now is when I'm on set working (I'm in the performing arts) and I know there will be a stylist up in my hair with heat appliances and HAIRSPRAY :blush::perplexed:nono:!!!

Another low ponytail:

This is what I'm going to start doing. I did a rollerset on my hair the other day. When I was pinning it up that night I started to style it in different ways. I realize I can wear my hair galm with a rollerset and change the style up everyday with pins and it only take a min. I use to think it takes a lot of work, to much combing and way to much heat to look glam but I was wrong. With a rollerset each day as the curls fall you can do something different with your hair. You don't even have to comb it. I have to wear my hair in updos anyway because of my bald spots. But I'm not a bun person anymore. I found something to do with my hair that won't cause it to fall out or brake off. I'm loving this:yep:

Now I need to work on my wardrobe.

My hair was glamorous everyday when I was relaxed, but now that I'm transitioning I feel like a plain Jane. I tend to put a little more effort into my make-up and make sure my skin looks great to give myself that extra oomph.

ITA w/nappywomyn - i'm natural, and my regular wash and go is pretty glam to me. people love my hair, and it takes no effort for me to make it look that way... unless you count the weekly detangling i do. okay once a week i put some effort into my hair. :look:

and now that i'm on my protective style challenge... well, i don't have to do my hair. so when i put my braids/twists in an updo, it's glam. :grin:

Back in high school (2002) I had the layered razor cut that needed to be flat ironed every day. Instead I rollerset it at night and had my Farrah Faucet do in the morning. Everyone always asked me how could I do my hair every morning.

I can't...but I wish I knew how I could lool...My clothes look aight...but some days like TODAY...my hair looks a mess....oh well at least it's healthier!! IMO Rollersets help me look fab by making me look girlie and chic at the same time!! When I get those down pack I'll be ready!!

i think you can achieve glamorous hair everyday without weave or wigs or damaging heat styling, but you have to wash it often to have that fresh look. i agree that rollersets tend to give that glamorous look. that curly/wavy swingy hair... i wash my hair twice a week so my hair is always freshly washed or in a curly pinup from a recent set. when my roots are getting puffy i start scarfing it and i think that adds glamor too! i do have my plain jane days too but i still think everyday is possible with time and effort.

I wear my hair glam everyday...I wash it every other day and do wet sets..

the result... full,luscious curls everyday :)

TeeTee2

Glamorous....Well, I guess I wear a glamor bun:grin:. But when I am truly going for glamor and don't have time to "do" my hair and am tired of the bun, I rock my fall....like in my siggy.

Last edited:
i think you can achieve glamorous hair everyday without weave or wigs or damaging heat styling, but you have to wash it often to have that fresh look. i agree that rollersets tend to give that glamorous look. that curly/wavy swingy hair... i wash my hair twice a week so my hair is always freshly washed or in a curly pinup from a recent set. when my roots are getting puffy i start scarfing it and i think that adds glamor too! i do have my plain jane days too but i still think everyday is possible with time and effort.

Dillard, I love the style in your siggy. The scarf adds a nice twist to the curly up-do, which is one of my trademark styles.

I wish I could wear my hair what *I* consider glamorous every day. I don't have that kind of time though. I wouldn't want my hair manipulated that much every day either.

Dillard, I love the style in your siggy. The scarf adds a nice twist to the curly up-do, which is one of my trademark styles.

ITA. I was thinking of doing rollersets more often to help me straighten my hair more naturally. Back to the question, I sometimes rock a hump and ponytail, a hump with a french roll in the back, a plain old french roll with hair accessories to glam it up, a swoop (which looks even better if you have bangs) with a "dressed up" ponytail in the back and bantu knots just randomly pinned up in the back. The best thing is, these styles take like 10 mins or less to do and if you're a pro, you can do these on your way out of the house. Sometimes, a messy updo can look glamorous if it's done properly. IMO, i think that the french roll is a really glam look if you switch it up often. I wish I had pics of the styles I just mentioned but I don't have a camera.

Since heat styling my hair every day would make my hair "unglamorous" in the future, I opt for curly hair styles (yep, the ones that white women in Hollywood with curly hair use).

I will sometimes take my hair and slick into a half-updo french roll with 1/2 my curls on my neck while the rest is pinned up into a french roll. I will finish with a light holding spray gel w/o alcohol and some cute (yet harmless) clips, flowers, you name it, I'll use it.

Then, I take all of my hair and loosely twist and pin it upward, making my curls sit on top of my hair and little tendrils can loosely frame my face (with the help of some styling butter, gel, whatever works). I get lots of compliments with this wild updo.

And if I'm rushed and wanna look glamorous, I take all of my hair and pull it in a side ponytail with my curls hanging on the side. I'll take faux flowers and put them there. IDK, but its something about flowers that get women more attention, but thats just me....

Back