Could it be?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Could it be true? (pic)

COME ON IN PIC INCLUDED!

I think I might have found my reg!!:yep: I know that I use more than the suggested amount of prods but wanted to share my process. Why? B/c I'm still a newbie (sorta) and I'm excited that I'm finally mastering a technique that works (for me, finally!!!) and I'm learning my hair which is cool. :grin:

Detangle, Poo, DC--
-Section hair in 4 sections and secure with duckbill clips
-Finger detangle hair one section at a time with using evoo to enable shed hair to slip out easily and smooth hair cuticles; apply Aussie Moist to length of hair and resecure with duckbill clips
-Poo hair in sections with NTM cream lather or C/W with Aussie Moist if it's a mid-week wash or ORS Creamy Aloe if chelating/clarifiying
-D/C with 1tbsp aphogee 2min, 1tbsp lustrasilk shea/mango butter (with heat for 30 mins and without heat for 30 mins)
-Rinse out DC, Final rinse with Roux PC​

Air Dry Process, Leave-Ins--
-Tshirt dry for 10mins max
-Spritz hair with Elasta QP H-Two
-Nickle size: NTM silk touch leave-in and HE LTR
-Quarter size of kimmaytube's leave in
-Seal with a dime size of one 'n only argan oil (kim's leave is ph balanced and my ends love it but it makes my hair coarse and grippy to the touch - think b/c it has castor oil in the mix...the argan oil provides a silky feel to my hair so that my fingers slip right over/through the strands without gripping and causing breakage).
-2 big braids, secure ends with satin roller
-Scarf dry for about an hour
-Take down 1 braid at a time, apply Scurl to minimally damp hair, seal with a pee size of argan oil, rebraid, secure with satin rollers, scarf dry overnight.
-Morning = soft :lick: results! and not oily to the touch​

The best part!!! All of this with NO COMB!!!:grin: :yep:

I know some might question the number of prods used or the fact that I use Scurl after apply argan oil the first time around b/c the oil seals out the moisture. :rolleyes: Not sure how/why this works for me but it does, my hair likes adding Scurl at this step. My hair also like sealing twice, if not, my ends get super duper fuzzy, frizzy, poofy.​

3.jpg

ETA: This is no longer my regi. It has been significantly revised and streamlined.

Last edited:
congrats, girl! You've got a pretty solid reggie already and it hasn't even been a year. I sort of have a reggie, I just don't know all the products that I want to use.

congrats, girl! You've got a pretty solid reggie already and it hasn't even been a year. I sort of have a reggie, I just don't know all the products that I want to use.
Yeah it took me stalking threads non-stop. Perhaps my next task is to learn how to ponytail rollerset.

Now that I'm understanding how to use prods together, I'm gonna revisit prods in my stash to see if I can make those work too. When I first bought HE LTR, I hated it but that was b/c I was using way too much prod. Now that I know how to use it properly use it -- I love the results. I'm thinking some of the other items collecting dust in my stash were a victim of my unskilled hand.

What's your reg?

your reg is product rich like mine lol - poo, detangle condish, oils for oil rinsing, deep condish with oils, 4 products for leaving in/sealing....feels great to find a reggie doesnt it! congrats!

Yeah it took me stalking threads non-stop. Perhaps my next task is to learn how to ponytail rollerset.

Now that I'm understanding how to use prods together, I'm gonna revisit prods in my stash to see if I can make those work too. When I first bought HE LTR, I hated it but that was b/c I was using way too much prod. Now that I know how to use it properly use it -- I love the results. I'm thinking some of the other items collecting dust in my stash were a victim of my unskilled hand.

What's your reg?
Right Now, this is my reggie
CHELATING POO: Mizani Phormula 7 (sometimes)
PROTEIN TREATMENT: Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor
SHAMPOO: Nexxus Therrape
DC: Nexxus Humectress + Roux PC + Honey + AO HSR + Oil (weekly)
LEAVE-IN: GVP The Conditioner (+ Chi Silk Infusion when using heat)

I'm pretty solid about the Poos and Leave-ins. It's the DC and protein that I'm iffy about. I listed Aphogee 2 minute for my protein because it's the one I remember liking the most but it's been months since I've actually used it. I'm on the look out for new protein treatment to use. Either way, I need to head to Sallys at some point to restock before my next wash. And I really want to try AO White Camilla, AlterEgo Garlic and Silicon Mix as a DC. I'm just waiting until I use up the AO HSR first.

I'm pretty solid about the Poos and Leave-ins. It's the DC and protein that I'm iffy about.
You hair has really grown in a yr's time. :grin: Looks like you're doing something right. My staple DC is the mixture of lustrasilk, ORS pack, aphogee 2min. If I omit the 2min from my weekly routine, my hair breaks a little. I only use 1tbsp in my DC mixture. Before adding the aphogee within my DC mixture, it seemed like aphogee did nothing for my hair. Mixing it does the trick and doesn't leave the hair hard/coarse feeling.

your reg is product rich like mine lol - poo, detangle condish, oils for oil rinsing, deep condish with oils, 4 products for leaving in/sealing....feels great to find a reggie doesnt it! congrats!
Yes indeed and that's okay b/c the results are satisfactory....at first I was trying to keep to minimum prods like everyone else but that didn't work. I'm still learning so I'd love to hear your reg, do you have it posted somewhere b/c I love your hair. Sigh.

You hair has really grown in a yr's time. :grin: Looks like you're doing something right. My staple DC is the mixture of lustrasilk, ORS pack, aphogee 2min. If I omit the 2min from my weekly routine, my hair breaks a little. I only use 1tbsp in my DC mixture. Before adding the aphogee within my DC mixture, it seemed like aphogee did nothing for my hair. Mixing it does the trick and doesn't leave the hair hard/coarse feeling.

Yes indeed and that's okay b/c the results are satisfactory....at first I was trying to keep to minimum prods like everyone else but that didn't work. I'm still learning so I'd love to hear your reg, do you have it posted somewhere b/c I love your hair. Sigh.

Thank you...Im happy to share:

Wash day:
Wash hair once per wk w/ moisturizing poo bar or Clarify as needed with Bentonite Clay (luv it) or KC Come Clean
Oil Rinse with rice bran oil or peanut oil
Detangle with a moisturizing condish such as Natures Gate or Yes to Cucumbers
Massage my scalp with Castor Oil (I really need some JBCO in my life!)
Deep Condition w/ HV Sitrinillah or SheaMoisture Deep Treatment (w/ heat 30 mins & w/out heat 30 mins or longer)
Leave in: water/glycerine, KCKT or KBB Hair milk, seal with coconut oil, then add sheamoisture milk - so its a 4 step leave in process that I also use when I baggy as well...makes my hair soooo soft.
If my relaxed ends are feeling weak I use SSI Seyani Butter.

Daily:
I whole-head baggy with my 4 step leave and a shower cap 2-3 times a week for about 2 hours....it really helps my hair stay soft!

Im still experimenting with produts and trying different techniques, but this is what works for my hair now at 21 months post relaxer!

"Detangle, Poo, DC--
-Section hair in 4 sections and secure with duckbill clips
-Finger detangle hair one section at a time with using evoo to enable shed hair to slip out easily and smooth hair cuticles; apply Aussie Moist to length of hair and resecure with duckbill clips
-Poo hair in sections"
I use the same method as you! I learned it from Kimmaytube and it has worked wonders. Before I even run water and shampoo on my hair Im detangling with oil only using my fingers. However I use Coconut Oil. Give me more slip and shine than evoo. I love pooing in sections, and I even condish in sections. Great reggie Diva. The hair strands are kind of weak when wet and individual but by grouping them together they are much more stronger.

I'm glad that you found a reggie that works for you...I'm still tweaking it but, whatever I figure out will be very simple. What I have noticed is that the long haired ladies on here have a pretty simple regimen.

awww thats nice to hear, after seeing you trying to find what works best its really nice to hear that you found a regimen that you like :grin:
You got a great regimen going on we are proud of you :yep:

I been trying simplify my regimen and still trying to fix it .. but I think I've finally got it... maybe

I'm glad that you found a reggie that works for you...I'm still tweaking it but, whatever I figure out will be very simple. What I have noticed is that the long haired ladies on here have a pretty simple regimen.

I been trying simplify my regimen and still trying to fix it .. but I think I've finally got it... maybe

Janet & 20...do share your reggie's. I'm always look to improve and yes, simplify!!

Back