Could it be getting thinner? *Pic Incl*

tiffanyoneal

While I was taking some pictures of my braids I noticed that it looked like my hair was getting a little thin near the front of my forehead. I already have thin hair so I am hoping that this it's nothing.

One of my friends stated that maybe my hair is being weighted down down by the weave which as a result is pulling the hair down making it look thinner than it actually is. It sounds logical but I am still getting a little worried. Does it look thin to you?
Thin3.jpg

Thin.jpg

I decided to take a couple of strands down in the front to see if it was thinning because she also said that hair has (well it should have) elasticity so once you take the braids out it will snap back. Below is a picture. I couldnt take down too many because I need to keep these in until Aug.:sad:

Thin2.jpg

Last edited:
Please don't take my comment negatively OP 'cause I see you love your braids, but based on my experience, braids that are weighty and swing from the scalp do more harm to the hair than good. It will break the hair from the root. I am not surprised that you think your hair is thinning out.

I asked my my sister to stop putting braids in my niece's hair which was once nice and thick, but now it's thin and obviously distressed. I had been telling them for a while and they didn't stop but now they see and are just plaiting her natural hair without extensions.

How long have you been braiding with extensions?

I hope your hair isn't thinning, but I just wanted to give you a thought of caution. :hug2:

I really can't tell but its always better to have more of your own hair than the extension hair in a braid (I hope that made sense).

Please don't take my comment negatively OP 'cause I see you love your braids, but based on my experience, braids that are weighty and swing from the scalp do more harm to the hair than good. It will break the hair from the root. I am not surprised that you think your hair is thinning out.

I asked my my sister to stop putting braids in my niece's hair which was once nice and thick, but now it's thin and obviously distressed. I had been telling them for a while and they didn't stop but now they see and are just plaiting her natural hair without extensions.

How long have you been braiding with extensions?

I hope your hair isn't thinning, but I just wanted to give you a thought of caution. :hug2:

...And I thank you very much!:love2: You know what you are right about everything you said. The braids up front are too heavy and too much hair and stress on my "already" thin strands. I have been wearing them for 2 years now I think:nono:. I am surprised that I am not BALD up there. Once I take these braids down and carefully examine the area.:click: I will let that be my determining factor. I was talking to some friends and I think I am leaning ALOT towards wig'n it up for the 4 months that I am over here. That way I can let my hair rest from the micro's. But it's just too hot over here to be wearing a wig. :ohwell:

...And I thank you very much!:love2: You know what you are right about everything you said. The braids up front are too heavy and too much hair and stress on my "already" thin strands. I have been wearing them for 2 years now I think:nono:. I am surprised that I am not BALD up there. Once I take these braids down and carefully examine the area.:click: I will let that be my determining factor. I was talking to some friends and I think I am leaning ALOT towards wig'n it up for the 4 months that I am over here. That way I can let my hair rest from the micro's. But it's just too hot over here to be wearing a wig. :ohwell:

You are very welcome. :yep: Can you put your hair in a bun or use a phony pony like the ones they sell online? I just pin my hair up to look like messy bun as a daily protective style and it keeps me cool and professional looking for work and play.

I don't think it's thinning but I haven't seen your hair before so only you can tell. What I do know is you do not change the partings every now and then and wear braids for a long time, the parts get huge like valleys. That's the reason I no longer part with a comb when braiding just so the hair can mix in better when I undo. Also it's good practice every few months to redo the braids. And lastly, as someone mentioned, always use less extension hair per section of your own hair so that you're not exerting too much strain on your hair and scalp from the weight of a lot of extension hair.

Back