Could a clear rinse protect my hair?

Karonica

I have permanently dyed hair, and just wanted to know if a clear rinse might be beneficial to the health of my hair. I have the Adore brand, but haven't used it yet. Will the rinse protect my hair, or will it just dry it out and prevent moisture from seeping in? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Hi Karonica! I use the Sebastian's Colorshines in Clear and it doesn't dry my hair out at all. It helps my hair to look richer and fuller if you will. I know that it coats the strands, therefore, it should provide some degreee of protection. hth

Hi Karonica, It was always my understaind - having used Jazzing in the past - that it would condition your hair, give it more shine and fullness. But let's wait to hear what our resident hair color expert has to say...Tracy...

While wondering in the BSS today I saw a clear rinse from almost every brand, I also saw sebastians coulourshines, but not in clear.

I saw ADORE, JAZZING, and another brand it is in a fuschia bottle and kinda fat.

Which ones do you all use and what benefits have you seen from them.
I am looking for tremendous shine.

sassyhair said:
While wondering in the BSS today I saw a clear rinse from almost every brand, I also saw sebastians coulourshines, but not in clear.

I saw ADORE, JAZZING, and another brand it is in a fuschia bottle and kinda fat.

Which ones do you all use and what benefits have you seen from them.
I am looking for tremendous shine.

I would say the best one would be the sebastians, but adore is also a good brand.

After reading some old post on Adore, I think ima use that now and when I plan on getting a serious style I will use the sebastians. That way I will be able to compare also.

bumping. i am thinking about trying a clear rinse. i've never used a rinse before. would it prevent moisture from coming in and are rinses damaging?

I was thinking about doing this with my touch-up tomorrow. I was going to do jazzing. Should I do both of these together?

locabouthair said:
bumping. i am thinking about trying a clear rinse. i've never used a rinse before. would it prevent moisture from coming in and are rinses damaging?

A true rinse(no peroxide, no amonia) isn't dangerous. I've used Adore, Beautiful & Jazzing. I currently use Jazzing in clear w/ each touch up. Nope, won't prevent moisture from entering your strands either. I love the shine I get from clear rinses. HTH

msshic said:
A true rinse(no peroxide, no amonia) isn't dangerous. I've used Adore, Beautiful & Jazzing. I currently use Jazzing in clear w/ each touch up. Nope, won't prevent moisture from entering your strands either. I love the shine I get from clear rinses. HTH

How do you apply yours while retouching? While conditioning or after conditioning?

Back