Coul Henna, Lime Juice and Yogurt be Used To Replace Texlaxing

BeaLady

I've read many threads where people say these products have loosend the curl pattern in naturals.

I am a natural who is debating whether to get a texturizer. If I could achieve the same results with these products it would be great.:yep:

I have wondered about this too, but you would need to repeat these treatments over and over.

From what I understand, the effects are temporary.

Check with Henna Sooq about that combination. I have used henna regularly by itself and it does loosen my curl but only temporary. I am a 4B or deeper depending on the texture scale.

No I have never tried Henna with yogurt but from what I read in the thread about yogurt and milk these products alone would keep the curl loose for much longer but you will have to use the yogurt or milk on a regular basis. Not sure what the timeline is though for the loosening to revert once you stop the process.

I think because of the possible drying effects of Henna you may not want to Henna on a weekly basis. From what I saw in the other thread there has been no issue with drying or other ill effects from weekly use of the milk products.

As far as the lime juice if you are a 4B, I don't see it helping with loosening the curls. But it is a great activator for the Henna to release the color.

For lime and yogurt to loosen I thought I understood you had to let that combination sit overnight then place it in your hair. For yogurt to loosen the curl you don't need to do that just let it sit for I believe at least 45 min to and hour.

There was another thread that was from Budget 101 and it stated that you just place I believe a cup of milk in a spray bottle saturate your hair let it sit for I think an hour then shampoo and condition. It has to be whole milk or whole yogurt because those products have the lactic acid in them. I understand that low fat yogurt and buttermilk has worked also but don't know if anyone has tried low fat milk yet.

Hopefully others will chime in with their advice.

Last edited:
As far as the lime juice if you are a 4B, I don't see it helping with loosening the curls. But it is a great activator for the Henna to release the color.

For lime and yogurt to loosen I thought I understood you had to let that combination sit overnight then place it in your hair. For yogurt to loosen the curl you don't need to do that just let it sit for I believe at least 45 min to and hour.

I haven't used regular milk, but I have used coconut milk and lime on my hair and saw a loosening in my curl pattern.

But my question is this mscoco...

what is your usual recipe for henna?

Not my hair.

I have been using Henna and Yogurt for a long time now and I just could never get my hair texlaxed with that.

:nono:

I haven't used regular milk, but I have used coconut milk and lime on my hair and saw a loosening in my curl pattern.

But my question is this mscoco...

what is your usual recipe for henna?

Just plain on lemon, lime and/or orange juice. Let the color activate over night and place it in my hair.

I don't have an issue with the dryness like others have mentioned and I proceed to use Indigo for coloring my gray hair. After which I use a good oil or deep conditioner.

Thank you ladies for your replies. :)

TheLaurynDoll, yes it will have to repeated over and over. I think it might be ok because I don't want to be straight all the time.

mscocoface, You have given me a lot of information, thank you.
I might consider doing the yogurt and milk on weeks that I don't henna.

I'm going to look for that Budget 101 thread. I will try the whole milk in a spray bottle.

Harrison, I tried the cocunut oil and lime and it loosend my curl a little also. I'm going to see what the yogurt does for my hair.

HoneyDew, I was hoping that I could get it loosend to the point where I could flatiron it easier. As it is now, when I flatiron my hair poofs back up in a few hours.

HoneyDew, I was hoping that I could get it loosend to the point where I could flatiron it easier. As it is now, when I flatiron my hair poofs back up in a few hours.

Well that may help.

You know I was thinking of something - I have underprocessed sections of my hair and after a henna/yogurt and maybe one deep conditioning treatment, I haev really had no need to do a corrective.

So maybe it does help! :yep:

Well that may help.

You know I was thinking of something - I have underprocessed sections of my hair and after a henna/yogurt and maybe one deep conditioning treatment, I haev really had no need to do a corrective.

So maybe it does help! :yep:

That's encouraging. :)

Just plain on lemon, lime and/or orange juice. Let the color activate over night and place it in my hair.

I don't have an issue with the dryness like others have mentioned and I proceed to use Indigo for coloring my gray hair. After which I use a good oil or deep conditioner.

now that's simple .. I like that...:grin:

Back