COSMO SCHOOL

caramelty

Okay ladies I am starting Cosmo school next month. I have a couple of questions for the ladies who are already licensed.

1. Do you feel like there are too many beauticians in the world?

2. How long did it take you to finish school?

3. Are you using your techniques on others besides yourself?

4. Do any of you have your own shop?

I will be going part time so it will take me longer.

I have not gone to cosmo school but I just want to wish you all the best and to tell you to hang in there we need more like you who not only have the license but understand that what the state teaches you is not all the information you should know about hair care.

Best wishes.

Thanks!
I just hate that I have to go in the evening b/c it takes longer. But I still have to make the donuts to pay the bills.

Hi caramelty! I too completed my cosmetology course part time, for the same reason you mentioned. See my responses in blue. If hair is your calling, your passion, you will be happily successful.
Okay ladies I am starting Cosmo school next month. I have a couple of questions for the ladies who are already licensed.

1. Do you feel like there are too many beauticians in the world?
There are definitely too many hair stylists in Atlanta!

2. How long did it take you to finish school? My part-time program took two years and a couple of months. Class was in session Monday through Thursday of every week, with no winter or spring breaks. We had very few holidays off. Once I had a certain number of hours completed, I started putting in time on Saturdays as well.

3. Are you using your techniques on others besides yourself? I use the best of all the techniques I know of (but only those I believe in) on my customers. In short, I treat their hair better than I treat my own. i.e, I don't DC my own hair nearly as often as I should, but I include a DC with all styling services my clients receive.

4. Do any of you have your own shop? Yes, for almost three months now. That's a whole other subject. :spinning:
I will be going part time so it will take me longer.

I wanted to do this so bad when I finished high school, but my mom wouldn't let me.... so I ended up in college, finished, now I'm back for a nursing degree, but as soon as nursing is done I plan to go to cosmo school part - time! :grin:

I have not went but wish I would have back in high school. I currently have a JD and people look at me sideways when I say I want to go to Cosmetology school. ButI really do want to go.

Back