Cosmetology School Rocks!!!

natalie20121

So today was my first day at Cosmetology School and 3 really good things happened today... First, they told us we can now purchase professional products at 50% off!!!! :grin: I'm super excited about that! I've been wanting to try some Redken products but they are a little pricey, but now... It's on and poppin!

Second thing to happen is in our kit they gave us a Babyliss Flatiron! Now I'm an FHI girl to the fullest but I gotta admit... It's pretty darn good. Not saying its as good as FHI but it's pretty darn good. :yep:

The third... We also got the Babyliss pro blow dryer!!!! Woohoo! I've been using my lil bootleg Con Air for so long and even tho it gets hot, it's just not the best. But this dryer is the bizness. I'm so excited!!!

The downfall...They had the nerve to tell us that we can't put our hair in pony tails.:nono: I was like "say whaaaaaat?" I'm trying to protective style... How's that gonna work. I love my bun. Gotta figure that one out.

Other then that I'm so happy about starting this journey. I've been so obsessed with hair lately that this was the next logical step. To just do hair!

Just thought I'd share my new with my hair sista's :grin:

Lucky you! Sounds so much fun! :yep:

Is there a reason why you can't have ponytails? Maybe you can hide your hair and have fun with half wigs

Woooooow I'm so jealous right now!!! I can't wait til I relocate and begin training.

Hey, about that bun, I'd get a full weave and chop it up into a cute bob. Maybe even start long and get to choppin later so I could try a few different styles. No way they could make me stop PSing... but I can certainly be cute... errday.

Congratulations on begining cosmetology school. My mom has owned a shop since the 70's but you have to absolutely love what you do to last that long in the business. I wish you much success:D

the product discount is one of the main reasons why i'm seriously considering cosmetology school. i'm a true PJ at heart!

but that's awesome! congrats in your cosmetology school endeavors!

Congrats....and now the fun begins....how long is the class? I'm in MD and we had to complete1500 hours.....

I know one thing they have stepped their game up cause back in my hair school days we got a wack curling iron and a no name blowdryer, LOL! I remember 2yrs ago a friend of mine said she was going to Cosmetology school and showed me her kit, I was in aww that she had like 3 or more manikins, shoot we only got 1 times have changed.

Can someone tell me more about cosmetology school? How does it work, how do you apply, do you earn some kind of certificate, license, etc?
How is the discount used (do you get some kind of trade card, discount codes)?
Did they ban french rolls and updos in general or just ponytails?
Thanks, and congratulations!

Dannng, 50% ?!

Too bad it ain't on the products I care about - hairveda, shescentit, etc. But congrats! Sounds like fun!

Congrats to you. You seem really happy with your decision. I wish you the best. I always wanted to go to cosmetology school. Perhaps I can live vicariously through you.

congrats, i've been thinking about doing this as well. doing hair is great especially natural and relaxed hair, but I guess nowadays it's important to learn weaving as well.

and oh yeah those perks are always the huge plus :)

when you get your license it gets better.

Back