Corrective Relaxer?????

SNyeema

What is this? Can that actually be done? Isn't that like, overprocessing your hair?

If you put on a relaxer and its underprocessed, how do you "correct" the process? I mean I got the gist of just reapplying the relaxer to the underprocessed parts. But isn't that overlapping? I would think this is damaging; yet, I've read more than one thread on folks doing this and they do it in like a 2 week or less period.

Am I missing something? Just wondering...

SNyeema said:
What is this? Can that actually be done? Isn't that like, overprocessing your hair?

If you put on a relaxer and its underprocessed, how do you "correct" the process? I mean I got the gist of just reapplying the relaxer to the underprocessed parts. But isn't that overlapping? I would think this is damaging; yet, I've read more than one thread on folks doing this and they do it in like a 2 week or less period.

Am I missing something? Just wondering...

It is overlapping but I would never do it in a 2 week period, I went to my cousin who is a stylist to correct a previous corrective I had done about a year and a half ago and she advised against it so I really would never risk 2 weeks, I would be asking for trouble. I wanted to do it to make my underprocessed hair bone straight and easier to manage once wet but this has to be considered in light of the potential damage you are doing, thats why i decided against it. Saying that, i know a lot of people who have done it with no probs, but others, their hair slowly/immediately fell out, I dont want to be the latter, and knowing my luck i would be so I'm just going to stick to what I know. Do some more research and wiegh up if its for you.

lonei said:
Do some more research and wiegh up if its for you.

Oh it's not for me. I'm transitioning (again). I'm just reading through some threads and saw this and I had seen it when someone was talking about a corrective texturizer as well which to me, would be like relaxing it straight. I just wondered. But thanks for your response.

Any others?

SNyeema said:
Oh it's not for me. I'm transitioning (again). I'm just reading through some threads and saw this and I had seen it when someone was talking about a corrective texturizer as well which to me, would be like relaxing it straight. I just wondered. But thanks for your response.

Any others?

What about corrective texturizers using actual texturizer kits? those which are not as strong as relaxers?

How much damage do you think these can do, i don't think they are strong enough to get hair straight but do you think these could still be damaging?

Doing a corrective is not overprocessing your hair. It's like this...you relaxed/texturized for lets say 15 minutes thinking it was enough and really it should have been 25 minutes to get the texture you want. So when you do the corrective you do it for 10 minutes...to make up for that 10 you should have done in the first place. You don't do a corrective the same length of time as the first time.

Faith said:
Doing a corrective is not overprocessing your hair. It's like this...you relaxed/texturized for lets say 15 minutes thinking it was enough and really it should have been 25 minutes to get the texture you want. So when you do the corrective you do it for 10 minutes...to make up for that 10 you should have done in the first place. You don't do a corrective the same length of time as the first time.

Oh....interesting. Okay thanks for clearing that up. I still have a host of other questions regarding that but since I'm transitioning I won't waste your time with a whole bunch of explaining (smile). HHG!!

Back