Corrective on texlaxed hair

ntm103

Hi there

I am new to the forum but have been lurking for over a year and I have already seen a great improvement in my hair from following the advice found here so I'll start by saying thank you all for that!

My hair is about 2 inches from APL. I am texlaxed with Fiberguard Normal but something has changed recently either in the product's formula or my hair because it made hair straight when I retouched 2 weeks ago after a 6 month stretch. I did not leave the relaxer in my hair any longer than normal. My problem is that I now have straight roots and the rest of my hair is texlaxed. I am struggling to manage the two textures and my hair is shedding more than normal (I'm not sure whether this is related). Is it advisable to do a corrective on the rest of my hair or is the only option to live with it?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

I would not recommend it. Breakage will ensue, especially if your hair is fine. If you do decide to do it, do a lot of moisture and protien treatment and stretch a few months to get your hair in tip top shape before the corrective.

I would not do a corrective. Is Affirm a lye based relaxer or no lye? I believe if you attempt a corrective relaxer, it will end badly for your hair. Maybe baby it with DC and protein treatments. Do low manipulation styles to ease the tension on your hair.

Thank you for your replies ladies. I think you're right. I am going to learn to deal with the different textures rather than do a corrective and risk breakage when I've come so far and achieved so much.

I used to have very coarse and resistant hair and I'm not sure why that's changed.

It is a lye relaxer than I have been using and I am planning to stretch for 6 months again and switch to mild fiberguard.

Back