Correcting an underproccessed relaxer

mezzogirl

I self relaxed about four weeks ago. I did the front of my hair, my friend did the back. The crown and part of the back section of my head is like a little afro. The rest of my hair feels close to where it should be 4 wks post. Can anyone tell me, is it ok for me to relax just that crown and back section of my hair this week and relax the rest when I get to 8 - 10 weeks? I was getting breakage back there.:peek:

Can someone help me pleaasssssse. One part of my hair is like 4wks ng the other part is like 10 weeks ng. What should I do.

When I've done a corrective, it depends on the degree of underprocessing to determine the time in which the relaxer remains. I recently texlaxed and it's still too kinky and looks natural still.

So in a couple of weeks, I will repeat the process and smooth more.

Did she only correct part of her head. Also, do you leave the relaxer in for a shorter period of time when doing a correction? Do you know. Thanks for your response.

Thank you SelfStyled. I read the thread and it was helpful. I am now wondering since I will be going on five weeks post and have ng and underproccessed hair, what do I do? Should I go ahead and relax the entire head?:scratchch

Since you already have NG, I would wait at least another week and do a corrective and touch up- make sure you protect your ends. If you could make it to 8 weeks that would be best IMO.

Since you already have NG, I would wait at least another week and do a corrective and touch up- make sure you protect your ends. If you could make it to 8 weeks that would be best IMO.

Thanks SelfStyled and everyone else who responded. I don't feel panicked now. I think I will just try for 8 weeks. :crossfingers::thankyou:

Back