cornrows

atlien

Hey ladies..Do cornrows help your hair to grow?
confused.gif
I am about 3weeks from getting a relaxer I was thinking about getting some cornrows so I don't have to bother my hair for the remaining time. My concern is that the stresses of braiding may take my hair out. Anyone here with a dry hair type like mine get cornrows and see great results afterwards...Holla at a sista thanks
orders.gif

I consider conrows a great protective style as long as you take care of them. Don't have them braided too tight. Continue to moisturize them daily. You probably will still need to wash your hair (gently so you won't disturb the braids). I'm sure other ladies will have more advice.

BTW - Welcome to the board.

Hey there, your hair should be fine in cornrows. Just don't braid them too tight and be very gentle with the hair when braiding. Also make sure you keep the scalp clean and don't leave the corn rows in too long. If I were three weeks till relaxer I would cornrow and keep the rows for two weeks and then take them out for that last week before relaxing so I could give my hair a good wash. Others may have more or better advice. Good Luck.

I just got cornrows 3 days ago. I like them but my scalp is constantly itching. My scalp was itching before I got them too. Before I got the rows I washed and deep conditioned the night before. So far I have stretched my relaxer out about 8 weeks-I've never stretched my relaxer out this long before. Could this be the reason for the itchy scalp? Does itchy scalp equal healing scalp?
confused.gif

How do I wash cornrows with out disturbing them? How often should they be washed?

cornrows are a good profective style to wear due to the fact you dont manipulate your hair. i used to get them done every three weeks then take them down and deep condition, i did this for about 5 months till i had to get a relaxer and my new growth was past my ears

So they actually did make your hair grow with no breakage....Did you go to the african shops I heard they braid real tight.
nono.gif

i had no breakage ! i would take them out and wash and deep condition and the next day i would get them braided again. it really worked

[ QUOTE ]
atlien said:
Hey ladies..Do cornrows help your hair to grow?
confused.gif
I am about 3weeks from getting a relaxer I was thinking about getting some cornrows so I don't have to bother my hair for the remaining time. My concern is that the stresses of braiding may take my hair out. Anyone here with a dry hair type like mine get cornrows and see great results afterwards...Holla at a sista thanks
orders.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladies..I got the cornrows I let the Africans do it for me. When I started to get it done I told them not to braid to tight they said okay so for each corn row she started and I held the beginning while she finished. But boy
shocked.gif
are these things tight...the next day I was in pain. I got this style where I have a part and in the middle of the part is white spots and it's sore. I was going to take the braids out but I paid 80$ for 3 days bad bad business
frown.gif
frown.gif

Hey do you ladies thinks my hair will come out..should I take them out....I don't know
ohwell.gif

Holla at a sista

Back