Conundrum, washing my delicate edges.

comatose

Hello ladies,

So I've had this bald spot on my edges since I can remember. I started using Jamaican Castor Oil and some Boundless Tresses on them. Sometimes it looks like I'm getting progress - that is until wash day. I tried not scrubbing them so I don't rub my hair out, but those oils leave really gunky residue that I have to use my fingers to rub out. But I think I'm rubbing out my hair because it starts to look sparse again when I get out the shower. It could be that the hair just lays differently and exposes the areas that are still bald. I don't know. If I stop using the oils, I won't get progress. If I keep using them, I'll have to rub the progress out my scalp. You guys got a work around for this? Much appreciated.

hanks for responding. I wash once a week. I try to be gentle but I tend to use my nails to get the build-up out and the hair that grows there is so fine, I can barely see the tiny pieces when it sheds. I even get some on my fingers when applying product to my scalp. Almost like the hair there sheds at little to no prompting cause it's so fragile.

Last edited:
Are you using the JBCO straight or mixed with other oils? I have a very thin spot smack in the middle of my hairline, and I use a JBCO/MT mix, which is much lighter than JBCO alone. Cutting it with something lighter will help with the stickiness problem; as for the wash day, when it was really thin I'd use a stocking cap over my hair (like the crown & glory method for washing twists), which allowed me to be slightly more vigorous with scrubbing without ruining any progress. Good luck!!!

Back