Consciousness?

seeminglysweet

I am wondering how you ladies are able to remain conscious of your intentions to serve God?

Remembering to practice humility, grace, patience, maturity and forgiveness?

I get so stuck in the situation that I have a hard time stepping back, removing myself from the situation and seeing the big picture in a way where I can remain conscious of my goals.

How do you do it?

seeminglysweet said:
I am wondering how you ladies are able to remain conscious of your intentions to serve God?

I get so stuck in the situation that I have a hard time stepping back, removing myself from the situation and seeing the big picture in a way where I can remain conscious of my goals.

How do you do it?

You know what helps? carrying a small bible or pamphlet with you on your day-to-day business.

I have a book, called "Acts Of Faith" its very small, and have advice for every day of the year. You just turn to the date and read. It really helps first thing in the morning. it also has an index @ the back where you can look for advice based o nwhat your dealing with

such as
"fear"

and you turn to that page that deals with the subject of fear.

Remind yourself of the times you wished you listened to your concsience...and how bad everything was when you didnt listen to it.

Candy
xx

seeminglysweet said:

How do you do it?

For me when it comes to humility and forgiveness, I always say if it wasn't for the grace of God there go I and that helps me every time. If God didn't shine on me I too would be a drug dealer, a alcoholic, a prostitute, a liar, cheat, or whatever, so when I run into people with issues, it's not hard for me to show forgiveness,mercy and love because it could be me.

Patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit and only God can prune your life so that patience will work in you.

Maturity, again that comes with spending time with God and allowing him to put you in the fire and burn off that stuff that's not pleasing to him and bringing him glory. The higher you go in Christ the more mature you'll become. Things that once angered you no longer will. You'll learn how to mount up with your eagles wings and just soar in his presents and bask in his glory.

For me, I understand that this walk is not about ME, no matter how God uses me, it's not about me and I don't have a problem giving him his glory.

seeminglysweet said:

How do you do it?
Desire. Whatever we 'desire' to do, we will do automatically. I learned this a long time ago. It's always how we feel towards a situation or person, etc., that leads us to feel and react one way or another.

Yet, how do we love the unloveable? Forgive the unforgiveable? Have grace and humility?

This is why Jesus left us the Holy Spirit. Our Comforter, Our Leader and Guide into all truth. The first thing is not to beat yourself up for not being perfect. While these Virtues are ideal....we're not.

So what would make me Desire to love someone who is hard to love; forgive someone or something that which seems so unforgiveable. The gift of the Holy Spirit. Each time we find ourselves in a challenged situation, we give in to the Holy Spirit who will lead us into the Desire to embrace these virtues.

"Holy Spirit, I have need of you. Live your heart through me towards this person, this situation...live through me until I am able to do it on my own. But yet, I can never do it on my own. I can only do these things as I depend upon you. Holy Spirit...I yield to you now with all of my heart...take over what's inside of me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Last edited:
Back