Confused re: a few terms used on the LHCF

northernbelle

Three things, please:

1. What is WGO? I gather it is a conditioner of some type?

2. What is the process known as "sealing" the hair? I have noted this term in discussions re: the use of castor oil.

3. What is meant by "bumping a thread", and how is this done?

I thank you in advance.

northernbelle

1. wild growth oil
2. I don't do this and generally don't read these threads.
3. bringing it back to the top by posting something in it...usually just 'bump'

[ QUOTE ]
. What is the process known as "sealing" the hair? I have noted this term in discussions re: the use of castor oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that is when you moisturize your hair and then apply castor oil to seal in the moisture.

sealing the hair is a tip from the Grow Afro Hair Long lady, Robin. here is what she says to do:

[ QUOTE ]
After conditioning & towel squeezing, section the hair and apply a medium sized amount of light pressing oil. Fold aluminum foil around the ends (halfway up the hair section. Then take a hot non-electric bumper curlers or flat iron and clamp it over the aluminum foil for 5-7 seconds. Make sure to only cover the aluminum foil, not the hair. Keep foil on until it's cooled. This will help a great deal with your ends if your ends have been constantly dry. The ends will soon stop shedding because you're locking in moisture down to the cortex.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never done this, nor would i ever consider doing so, but many people have had success with this technique.

Back