Confused Newbie

Lin

Hello, Everyone. I need help. I had my last jheri curl in April, last color in August, found this forum in September and considered myself transitioning - to WHAT I had not decided; but I was enjoying your company and learning so much that I was in no hurry.
Decided to get a Wave Nouveau, expecting it to be another curl, but not caring because my hair HATes relaxers, I didn't want to go natural, and I
have learned how to use activator with a light touch so that it's not greasy looking or feeling.
Had it done today. My "bangs" and the hair at the nape of my neck is curly. The hair closest to my scalp - the new growth, I suppose feels wavy. ALL THE REST IS STICK STRAIGHT. The sylist said that over/double processing caught up with me. She indicated about 8 inches that should be cut because it's basically ruined. I can hardly believe it...
Sorry to ramble. I am just so shocked.
Does anyone have any ideas about what went wrong; what I can/should do?

Sorry to make this my first post. I had hoped to introduce myself with more finesse, but desperate times...
Sincerely,
Lin

I belive you will need to cut the straight hair off. I can't belive she would actually try to process hair that has already been chemically treated. I'm sorry this happened to you :(

DatJerseyDyme said:
I belive you will need to cut the straight hair off. I can't belive she would actually try to process hair that has already been chemically treated. I'm sorry this happened to you :(

I'm agree as well, why on earth would she try to process hair already processed? Makes no sense! Sorry you had to go through this but it seems as if you may half to do a big chop and start over...that includes finding a new stylist because she didn't care enough about your hair to do what she did!

Thank you for such speedy replies! Im thinking I misunderstood her at our consultation yesterday. I thought it was basically a touch up; that the product would be applied to the new growth,quickly to the ends, rolled in rods and VOILA!- curls all over.
Love,
Lin (who is trying very hard to be philosophical!)

This happened to me once. Do yourself a favor and get rid of your stylist. A true professional would not put you or your hair in jeopardy. :mad: You can't fix the 8 ruined inches, but with a W/N your hair will grow quickly because it will be moisturized all the time. Just for info, did u get the new wave nouveau or the old one? The new one could be straitened for 2 weeks tops before u have to go back to the curly. Welcome to the site. I hope u find the answers u seek....

Back