Confused about S-curl!!

tricie

I have been reading some of the posts where ladies have said that they use S-curl (I'm assuming this is activator?) to tame the NG when it gets rough and they are trying to stretch several weeks or more on their relaxers. So you can use this stuff on relaxed hair? I always thought curl products were strictly for those with Jheri curls? Can I get some clarification or am I just nuts! :eek: :lol:

Thanks!

S-curl is used to soften and detangle the new growth so you can manage your relaxed hair better between touch-ups. If you're transitioning, it really helps with detangling. Just spray those roots and it's much easier to comb, less shedding and tangling.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Dove's Sheer Moisture leave-in too; I think it might rival S-Curl. I tried it and liked it.

I think this is a secret someone stumbled upon that we can use the Jheri juice. Yes, relaxed ladies use it and it is ultra moisturizing! I'm texlaxed and I love it. I've used it when I was fully relaxed and natural and it works very well. I know some of the ladies don't really care for it so you'd likely have to try it for yourself to see where you fit.
HTH!:)

I used it when I was relaxed and it really helped me to keep my newgrowth moisturized. I still use it now. No, you're not nuts dear. Its works!

tricie said:
I have been reading some of the posts where ladies have said that they use S-curl (I'm assuming this is activator?) to tame the NG when it gets rough and they are trying to stretch several weeks or more on their relaxers. So you can use this stuff on relaxed hair? I always thought curl products were strictly for those with Jheri curls? Can I get some clarification or am I just nuts! :eek: :lol:

Thanks!

Hi Tricie!
No you are not nuts! :) If you are relaxed you can use S-Curl. It's really a super moisturizer product that helps draw moisture to the hair (that's why it was used for Jheri or S-Curl hair styles). I use it by spritzing on my new growth either on dry hair or damp. It works better on damp hair for me. I really don't like the smell of it, but it does work! It's the only thing that helps keep my hair from breaking off during long stretches. Try it! Don't be scurred! :lol:

Whew! I was beginning to think I dreamt that ladies had said they used it! :D Thanks for the reponses!

From what other posters have said, I may be lucking out and getting smoother NG due to the MSM I have been taking solid for about 2 1/2 months; perhaps I can get to 6 weeks, and then use some s-curl to help me stretch! From what I can recall from back in the day, I didn't care for the smell of it either :eek:, but I suppose can use some CD Tui Hair Oil which smells divine to combat the smell!

Thanks again, ladies, and yes, January Noir, if you tell me not to be scurred, I can count on you! :grin:

tricie said:
Whew! I was beginning to think I dreamt that ladies had said they used it! :D Thanks for the reponses!

From what other posters have said, I may be lucking out and getting smoother NG due to the MSM I have been taking solid for about 2 1/2 months; perhaps I can get to 6 weeks, and then use some s-curl to help me stretch! From what I can recall from back in the day, I didn't care for the smell of it either :eek:, but I suppose can use some CD Tui Hair Oil which smells divine to combat the smell!

Thanks again, ladies, and yes, January Noir, if you tell me not to be scurred, I can count on you! :grin:

S-Curl is a great moisturizer for me. :love: It doesn't have to be used to only tame new growth. My NG is smooth, naturally, but I still use S-Curl all over my hair.

I stop using it !
It makes my hair feel nasty,gummy after a couple of days also it makes my hair shedd along for some odd reason i stick with some moisrurizer any kind.

loveable37 said:
I stop using it !
It makes my hair feel nasty,gummy after a couple of days also it makes my hair shedd along for some odd reason i stick with some moisrurizer any kind.

That's because you can't use it every day without washing or cowashing it out. I only use it every 2-3 days when the new growth is no longer responding to it. I then cowash my hair and re-spritz the new growth.

I personally did not like it. It made my hair feel stiff but I could've just tried the wrong one. I got the S-Curl in the tube.. it was a blue gel activator in a clear tube... so I gave it away and just wash my hair twice a week to keep my new growth soft and follow with a rollerset under a dome dryer. The indirect heat actually straightens my new growth...I also like ORS moisturizing hair lotion that does great in keepin my new growth soft as well.

I'm co-signing with using s-curl on newgrowth. MY NG comes it a bit dry and tangled. The s-curl moisturizes the NG and makes it easier to manage. I also use it on my relaxed ends. The first few times I used it on my hair, it felt sticky and gross.
I learned the trick to avoiding the sticky feeling is to avoid spraying it onto the relaxed ends. Instead, I spray a few pumps in my hand, rub together, then spread it evenly throughout the hair. S-curl is def. work a try.

Alot of ladies use it to baggy with as well. I use it primarily when I have braids for moisture. I also use it on my girls mega thick hair. It softens and detangles it nicely.:)

Are you ladies using the gel or the spray? The gel softens the NG but still seems to dry out my hair. I think that my hair doesn't like glycerine.

Back