Confused about breakage

Nita81

I started using my own sulphur/oil mix about 2 weeks ago. Lately I see little one inch hairs here and there....I don't know if it's new hairs sprouting or my hair is breaking off. How can you tell the difference??:confused: MTG and Homemade MTG users has this happend to you?? TIA

Shedded hair has a small whitish color bulb at the end of it. If not, it's breakage. Also, shedded hair is usually longer in length and breakage is shorter in length. Examine your broken hairs and see. Btw, I don't use MTG.

I think she is talking about hair on her head and not hair that have actually fallen out. I think it's really hard to tell if it's breakage or new hairs. If you haven't noticed broken hairs off of your head, I would assume that they are new hairs. After a while, you will probably notice that your hair is much thicker.

LipGlassHoney said:
I think she is talking about hair on her head and not hair that have actually fallen out. I think it's really hard to tell if it's breakage or new hairs. If you haven't noticed broken hairs off of your head, I would assume that they are new hairs. After a while, you will probably notice that your hair is much thicker.

Yes the hairs are still on my head.... My hair is thicker but I think because I haven't relaxed it.

Oh okay! Sorry about that! Hmmm, since it's hair attached to your hair, it could be either sprouting new hairs or old hairs that have broken off. You should do a hair breakage test on the longer pieces of hair (mentioned in the Hair Breakage 101 thread that's a sticky) to see if they are prone to breakage. Just to be on the safe side, avoid excessive or rough combing, brushing, or styling. ;)

I think I know what you mean.

I've had this happen. For me, hair that was already broken was growing and it was just bad. I could not tell what was going on in there.

It was not until I trimmed the ends could I get out of that situation.

I got my hair relaxed before the trim, which now I would thick twice about because the relaxer may have been too strong for the damaged hair.

Back