Confirmed Mizani Counterfeits Out There!!!

free2bme

Hey,

Just to keep you gals informed, it is true there are bootleg Mizani products circulating around. BrownRelaxedHair call Mizani and asked if they had come out witha new formula for Moisturefuse. The lady said absolutely not and asked BRH to read out the ingredients. The lady confirmed it was a fake. Moisturefuse has the same tried and true formula. The lady then asked for the locations where these products were bought and BRH told her. Mizani might be taking legal action against them. She reiterated that you can only but Mizani products from authorized lisenced Mizani salons.

It's pity all of you that bought the fake mizani from reputable salons such as JC Penny, it's a shame /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/nono.gif

Big ups to my new salon for pointing this out to us also.
If you would like to verify this yourself the mizani hotline is 1-800-442-4643.

Hmm....that may be the reason why I didn't like it the first time I used it /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif. So where do I get the real dealio then?

Thanks for the update F2B. i'm gonna call them and give this number to the salon where I purchased the Moisturfuse. I wonder where they're getting this stuff from /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

That's a /images/graemlins/swearing.gif shame, isn't it?!! Thanks for posting that info and Mizani's number, too.

Girl, where in NY is your salon? BRH posted her conversation with Mizani and said that your salon looked really nice.

I found out through another number (VP in NY). Some of the folks that are selling the boot-leg version to salons (such as JC Penney) are buying them for super cheap and selling them for much more. /images/graemlins/nono.gif Although I don't use Mizani products, I think this is awful. What a shame!

You ladies have really gotten to the bottom of this. You should give yourselves a pat on the back. Can you imagine how many unsuspecting, non-label reading consumers are out there purchasing this product unknowingling spending their hard earned cash, thinking they're getting a high-end quality product? This really makes me mad... /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

DON'T MESS WITH LHCF /images/graemlins/nono.gif THEM GIRLS ARE BAAAAAD /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, maybe an around the way mom & pop shop selling bootleg products but JC Penny thats a crying shame. I expected more from a large national chain.

Kitkat, I included the info of the salon in the thread started by BRH on Mizani products.

This is terrible! I don't mind knock-offs, but I want to know when I'm buying a knock-off. And shouldn't they be cheaper?

I have never used the "real" version, but I love the fake one! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif It is my favorite moisturizing conditioner. I should have known something was wrong when the label had mispelled words on it. As in "Even the dryest desert blooms after a drenching rain." /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I do want to get the real one and compare.

I guess I got a fake one maybe that's why I didn't care for it too much and switched over to Kera Care Humecto.

Can anyone post the real or fake ingredients so I can compare it to the one I have at home...thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi, all. I've had experience with buying counterfeit
salon products before, so in light of the posts about Mizani
Moisturefuse "fakes" I wanted to post some tips:

1. If the product says, "Only sold at salons...Only purchase
from authorized dealers", etc. Call the company and find
out who the AUTHORIZED dealers are in your area, then purchase
ONLY from them.

As was proven with the Moisturefuse, even reputable salons
(like JC Penney) may not be authorized dealers (JC Penney was
one of the places selling fake Mizani.

2. Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Sebastian and similar products are sold at
CVS, Duane Reade, Rite Aid, etc. but that does not mean they are
THE REAL DEAL. These places are NOT salons or professional beauty
supply shops. Yes, the products look like the real deal, but
believe it or not, a lot of those products are FAKES.

In the past, I've actually compared a REAL bottle of Paul Mitchell with the
ones in Duane Reade and there are little differences (that one wouldn't immediately
notice) that prove that the drug store ones are fakes.

[And no, I don't know how the drug stores get away with this. But, they do.]

**A relative who is a big time Paul Mitchell fan was using one of the products purchased from a drugstore. My relative noticed that the product wasn't acting right. He looked at the
bottle closely and notice that there was a "registered trademark" sign (that little "r" in the circle")
after a LINE on the bottle. YOU CAN'T COPYRIGHT A LINE!! It was a typo!

My relative swiftly took that fake Paul Mitchell back to the drugstore, told them it was fake and
believe me, they gave him a refund. No more questions asked.

Just wanted everyone to be aware that not everyone believes that lying and cheating are sins.

I saw this on another thread but Is'nt JC Penney an authorized Salon. I mean they do Mizani Perms.

This has to be false info..

Do they have fake perms too??

Wow; this is really disturbing that we are spending good money on products which are knock-offs!! It makes you wonder now about other companies products... It's amazing that they were able to exactly copy the packaging like that! How can they get away with it??!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I bought a bottle of fake Mizani (the chemicalized version - as BRH so endearingly calls it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) from Trade Secret. I kow a lot of you mention that store so I wanted you guys to know about it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I got some Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment from there too. I am reluctant to try it now because if it's not real then I'm not really trying the real deal. Such is life, but I thought I'd give a heads up....

I don't know you guys, I called the number in the first post to verify for myself and the girl, Her name was Elizabeth, went and got the ingredients and read them to me and they are the exact ingredients in my Moisturefuse bottle(which you all are saying is counterfit). She didn't say anything about Rosemary, sage, etc.... Just a bunch of big words I can't prononounce.

She said that Moisturefuse does have botanical ingredients but on packaging they are using the scientific name. I asked if the packaging had been changed recently and she said on some of the products.

So I don't know. I'm gonna' email the place where I buy my Mizani stuff and ask them where they get their products and see what they say.

Now with all the high end products that Trade Secrets and JC Penney sells, how are they not authorized salons? And how are they ending up with knockoffs. It's not like this stuff is being bought from a little beauty supply store. Something is definitely fishy here. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Tracy,

I also bought some kenra intensive emollients from Trade Secret for the hefty price of $15 bucks a few months ago. I used once I didn't like it. Now it makes me wonder...hmmm

No really Mindymouse,

I called the JC Penney Salon nearest me and had them to read the ingredients over the phone to me. It's not the original version. It's this "new" one--the apparent knock off. I also called another Trade Secret and they had the "new" one even though I was able to pick up two bottles of the original at a different Trade Secret.

What's the real deal?????????????

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I called the number in the first post to verify for myself and the girl, Her name was Elizabeth, went and got the ingredients and read them to me and they are the exact ingredients in my Moisturefuse bottle(which you all are saying is counterfit). She didn't say anything about Rosemary, sage, etc.... Just a bunch of big words I can't prononounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Darnit, maybe they did change the formula and they're trying to trick us or some of their employees are clueless.

Ugh /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I don't know supergirl... I just have a hard time believing that all these places are selling counterfit condtioner... Just from this thread alone it seems to be A LOT of places.... I mean it's not like moisturefuse is a Fendi bag.... I mean is it that serious to countefit conditioner?

I'm not a real fan of the Mizani stuff anyway so it's not that big of deal to me... I'm a finish what I have, it seems to work okay. Now if they even THINK about changing the formula to my S-Curl No Drip.... ummm they better think again! Don't want no body to get hurt /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh I'm agreeing with you Crystal. Maybe the one we're thinking is a counterfeit is really their new formula and they just won't call it a new formula.

Blkmane,

Your post confirmed something I kind of suspected anyway about if the products sold everywhere that they're not supposed to are legit.

I will probably call Mizani again and speak with someone else since someone already said on this thread that they called the no. and the product read out was the chemicalized version. So I'll call back to get a true CONSISTANT not changing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif answer from them. If its a new formula then I'll want to be told.

I do know that at the salon that Free2beMe went to and I bought the correct Mizani I've always loved, the owner said that she buys moisturefuse alot, every week even and so feels she's ordering their latest stuff or she would've got chemicalized versions by now as her turnover of the product is fast.

My mind is made up that I'd rather go to salons now to ensure I'm getting the real thing instead of crossing my fingers thinking its the same thing at drugstores.

Like I said though, I'll make another call back to Mizani.

This is such an exciting topic! I have never used Moisturefuse before, but I did want to try it. I think that is really good that you guys are getting to the bottom of this. I am really looking forward to finding out what is really going on before I purchase this conditioner.

Can someone please tell me how to tell the difference between the real one and the fake? What ingredients should I be looking for or what shouldn't be in there? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is so wierd!! I wonder what's going on. When I first learned that JC Penny sold Mizani, the stylist told me that ALL JC Penny salons were Miazani Certified. If that's the case, then they should have the real mccoy, whatever that is. Like someone else posted, I can't imagine that many bottles being "fake". I would like to know either way because I have damn near the entire Mizani line and now I'm questioning the integrity of all of the products. Shoot, I'm even wondering about my cheap products too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif If it turns out that the Moisturefuse is indeed a knock-off, I wonder if that would explain why some bottles of the Fulfyl conditioner have the same ingredients as the moisturefuse /images/graemlins/confused.gif

"Real" Moisturefuse:
Deionized water
polyquaternium-32
glycerin
mineral oil
quaternium-80
silk amino acids
extract of chamomile
sage
nettles
rosemary
aloe vera