Confidence

empressaja

I don't know if this a problem other ladies have as well. I was always told I wasn't a nice person and I'm selfish, growing up by my mother, who just didn't know any better she had her own issues. I grew up believing the disparaging comments that she gave me. But I have such a hard time coming up from under these feelings of that I'm some type of evil nasty person. I have a hard time knowing what to think about myself. and it wears heavily on my confidence and self esteem. I am not very outgoing not because I don't want to but because I feel like people will be offended by me I make a conscious effeort to be polite and kind to people but I find myself trying to control every aspect of my dealings with individuals. I am really struggling with the what type of internal dialogue I need to have with myself in addition to my prayer. This really holds me back so much.

birdie said:
I don't know if this a problem other ladies have as well. I was always told I wasn't a nice person and I'm selfish, growing up by my mother, who just didn't know any better she had her own issues. I grew up believing the disparaging comments that she gave me. But I have such a hard time coming up from under these feelings of that I'm some type of evil nasty person. I have a hard time knowing what to think about myself. and it wears heavily on my confidence and self esteem. I am not very outgoing not because I don't want to but because I feel like people will be offended by me I make a conscious effeort to be polite and kind to people but I find myself trying to control every aspect of my dealings with individuals. I am really struggling with the what type of internal dialogue I need to have with myself in addition to my prayer. This really holds me back so much.

Here's the Key...just be free and be the woman God created you to be. Deep down you know the real you...so just allow her to rise up and be. Flow with who 'she' is.

Of course there will always be times when we are to 'watch' how and what we say and do. That's just life. But your mom's words are rendered null and void. I love the book of Job, chapter 5. There is a verse there that says, 'you shall be hid by the scourge of the tongue.'.... Don't you love it?

No matter what anyone has ever said about you, God has hidden you from the scourge, the abrasion of the tongue. No weapon formed against you shall prosper... (Isaiah 54:17). You see, you have the shielf of faith, which....Oooooooo, get this.... You have the 'shield of faith which quenches every firey dart of the enemy." (Ephesians 6).

I know we hear these scriptures a lot and sometimes it's like, 'Oh well, that's nice but so what?' (Ummmm, yes, :yep: I've said that - a whole lot :rolleyes:). BUT, see this is what I love about God's word. When we NEED that word...we HAVE it already IN US. And then the word, is life to our flesh and bones.

Honey, love mama, but receive what God has to say about you. That He loves you with an everlasting love. And that when He redeemed you, all that was said about you negatively, was completely washed away in the Blood of Jesus.

Each time those negative comments try to arise and haunt you... remember they do not own you. Also this...... if God doesn't believe this about me, than why should I? It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks, God has said otherwise about me and that settles it.

Isaiah: 43....

"Because thou was precious in my sight
and honored and I loved you,
I have called you by name,
Birdie, thou art mine."
Birdie, the unjust judgement is over. God has spoken. You are His love and his love forever and ever.

By the way.... "I'm the 'mean' one around here...oh yes I am. Read my threads and posts... ;)

I'm only nice to those I call my sisters. Birdie, you are my sister. ((( Hugs ))) ;)

Back