Confession

Sade'

When I started getting relaxers in '94 I self relaxed and I NEVER used neutralizer. I would relax then shampoo with pantene or whatever I had available then condition real quick, sit under the dryer, flat iron and go. I had NO idea that using a neutralizer was even important. I never understood why my hair was so flat dry dull and brittle. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I did this for about 2-3 years :nono:. I am not even sure what prompted me to begin using it but thank goodness I got the memo. Its a wonder that I even have hair today. I'd probably have WAY more hair today. Ah well you live u learn. :perplexed

The End.

don't feel bad. i just found out why neutralizer is important. the only reason why i used it in the past is cause it came in the box with the other stuff... i thought it was the same as regular shampoo. :ohwell:

Don't feel bad I was an idiot. I use to forgo the conditoner I was tired of rinsing out my hair so I always thought I would do it later. sometimes I just put in leave in and thought that was enough, no wonder my hair broke off so badly after a few days.

I did this a few times too. If I had some left over relaxer and lost the neutralizer from the kit we just used whatever shampoo we had in the house.:grin:

When I started getting relaxers in '94 I self relaxed and I NEVER used neutralizer. I would relax then shampoo with pantene or whatever I had available then condition real quick, sit under the dryer, flat iron and go. I had NO idea that using a neutralizer was even important. I never understood why my hair was so flat dry dull and brittle. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I did this for about 2-3 years :nono:. I am not even sure what prompted me to begin using it but thank goodness I got the memo. Its a wonder that I even have hair today. I'd probably have WAY more hair today. Ah well you live u learn. :perplexed

The End.

Like you said you live and you learn. Don't worry about probably or shoulda, coulda, woulda what's important is that you know now! You'll have the hair you desire one day with tlc.

You are not alone. :look: I did the same thiing with the Bantu relaxer back in early 90s. The relaxer did not come with shampoo and I used whatever was in the house.:wallbash:

We also saved mixed relaxer for the touch up even though the directions said not to.

And I thought the relaxers were horrible when all along, it was me:blush:

Glad I am smarter now.

Don't feel bad. When I was relaxed, I purposely didn't use neutralizing shampoo! I preferred Suave clarifying or strawberry shampoos and I figured since they were so "harsh" that was just as good as neutralizing shampoo:ohwell:....oddly enough, my hair wasn't in the worst shape. But it was still stupid :rolleyes:

I used to do the same thang. :yep:

OT- I also used to comb the relaxer all the way to the end. :wallbash:

And I couldnt figure out why MY hair was so dry, brittle and breaking.

You are not alone. :look: I did the same thiing with the Bantu relaxer back in early 90s. The relaxer did not come with shampoo and I used whatever was in the house.:wallbash:

We also saved mixed relaxer for the touch up even though the directions said not to.

And I thought the relaxers were horrible when all along, it was me:blush:

Glad I am smarter now.

I did that all the time! :ohwell: :wallbash:

My college roommate used to leave her relaxer in the fridge saying that the coldness would make it last longer. She was a Pre-Med Biology major so I believed her. LOL :lachen:

Back